What's new

Shavette help needed

A woman I know ask me to buy her a shavette (disposable straight) so she can trim up the back of the necks of her male friends.

She wants to pay around $10.

Is that price reasonable and if so where can I buy one on-line?

BTW, I know nothing about straight razors but I'm trying to help her out.

Help!

Parker SR1 is around 15 and is very nice. You can get them on bay or amazon. I think its worth spending a bit more than 10 for this one.

All the Parker's on Amazon are nearly the same price. The only main differences between them is that 2 have plastic scales and the other 2 have stainless scales. Also, the $25 one comes with 120 blades vs 5 for the others.

Parker SR1 (stainless) - 5 blades - $17.88
Parker SR2 (stainless) - 5 blades - $16.49
Parker SRB (plastic) - 5 blades - $16.88
Parker SRW (plastic) - 120 blades - $25.00

I personally have the SRW and I like it. I hope this helps a bit.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Dovo shavette. I haven't used it myself, but I have heard that it feels cheap. However, after watching videos of people taking out the blades and reinserting them, it appears to be a decent design. At $24.21 on Amazon, it would be a good competitor.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
They sell cheap ones on eBay and barber supply stores...often for less than 10.00.

Don't get her a Parker Shavette! It's way too aggressive for her needs. A lighter one is the Dovo Shavette.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Sorry, I just googled and saw a few...I have no personal experience, tho I did by my Parker from Amazon...Amazon has a vendor with 98% positive reviews selling this one http://www.amazon.com/Spilo-BP0700-...6BIM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1313867135&sr=8-7 11.73 shipped. All these cheap shavettes are basically the same, just the weights seemed to be the discerning factor.

I would think it would work well enough. It does use DE half blades so it will be cheap, and depending on the blade used it can go derby smooth to feather sharp depending on the need....GL!

You could try your local Sally Beauty supply store, or www.sallybeauty.com, for the magic razor. It should be about 5-10 dollars, usually kept behind the counter. They also go by the name styling razors.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
thepusher

Top Bottom