What's new

Shavemac Knot Decision

Trying to decide between a Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Fan and the D01 Silvertip Fan in 24mm. Rudy has given me his input and it’s basically a toss up. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

It’s a toss-up. I agree. Both good. Different, though. Depends if you want the extra firmness and density of the D01 or not. Entirely a question of personal preference - one is not better than the other, they just feel a little bit different because of the density.

You know that already, of course.

My tastes personally I like the added density and punch. I would set my loft a bit high and as that knot breaks in it really develops into what I look for. I like firm yet plush , I don’t press when lathering and I let the tips of the brush do all the work so I like a bit of natural splay but the firmness a dense knot offers. The lower density knots don’t have the presence and face feel I look for so it’s really just a matter of taste.

I used my 24mm 2 band Silvertip bulb this morning. I paid close attention to the density and scrub. I find this knot has just the right amount of density for a face lather with excellent flow. I am leaning toward the same knot in a fan as Rudy originally suggested.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It’s a toss-up. I agree. Both good. Different, though. Depends if you want the extra firmness and density of the D01 or not. Entirely a question of personal preference - one is not better than the other, they just feel a little bit different because of the density.

You know that already, of course.
We are talking the three-band silvertip D01!!

Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with the D01 3 band Silvertip.
I really enjoy my D01 3 band silvertips. I have a 24/50 and a 22/46. The 22/46 feels a bit denser and was soft tipped from the get go. The 24/50 took about 10 lathers to soften up. I have only had them since November and they are the brushes I reach for the most.

I think you are really going to enjoy your new D01 3 band!

I really enjoy my D01 3 band silvertips. I have a 24/50 and a 22/46. The 22/46 feels a bit denser and was soft tipped from the get go. The 24/50 took about 10 lathers to soften up. I have only had them since November and they are the brushes I reach for the most.

I think you are really going to enjoy your new D01 3 band!
Very much looking forward to it.
Rudy is a pleasure to work with as we all know.

Congratulations, you've selected a marvelous knot! Here's my D01 3 band.
IMG_5430.jpg

Top Bottom