What's new

Shave Soaps Reminiscent of Old Books/Library

Anyone stumble across a soap that reminds them of being in a library or in a room filled with old books? I'm not even sure how that scent can be recreated. I have soaps like WSP Mahogany and other woodsy-type and leather scents that may remind you of the furniture in a library or study, but doesn't really trigger that old book in your face scent. Anything out there?

D.R. Harris Sandalwood, very old school and antique bookish!!

harris bookish.jpg

Anyone stumble across a soap that reminds them of being in a library or in a room filled with old books? I'm not even sure how that scent can be recreated. I have soaps like WSP Mahogany and other woodsy-type and leather scents that may remind you of the furniture in a library or study, but doesn't really trigger that old book in your face scent. Anything out there?
Why?

CF Sherlock does come close, but the scent that really hit the mark for "Old Library" vibe is Pannacreama Vetiver- it is discontinued and not the same as the Pure 2.0 Vetiver, but the original smells just like a olf musty library or attic. Wonderful stuff!

I just came upon this thread after shaving with Long Rifle Hunting Lodge. The scent profile is Tobacco, Leather, and Bay Rum. I think the leather is the more dominant scent. As I was shaving, I found my reminiscing over my Uncle's old library filled with leather bound books with a hint of his pipe smoke as he read. I love the scent of this soap. Its amazing how scents can transport us into our past memories. Wonderful shave by the way.

Found this thread while looking for what other folks thought about Chiseled Face's Sherlock as I just tried it for the first time today. I get more of an outdoorsy feel than being inside around books and periodicals. Makes me think of working in a garden or strolling on damp grass. But I do like it for sure. Is this at all what Tabac smells like?

Top Bottom