What's new

Shave Roulette

I shave four times a week, so not every day and not exactly every other day, either. I have taken to using whatever spin is the latest one available at the time I am set to shave.

20201228_112308-01.jpeg
Just a nice shave.

Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Rocket HD
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)

Welcome to the game. As @Atlantic59 stated you can attribute the digits in every way you like. You do you. It's a drama-free game...

If you like to, share your experience with your combo (and post a picture now and then).

The croupier in charge (that's me right now) will publish the spin once a day.
Since we are based in several time zones all over the world the "new" croupier announces with taking over when he is going to publish the new spin.

Happy shaves!
Thanks! I'll start tomorrow.

2946-> Fine lavender, Simpson T2 Trafalgar, Merkur 34c, BIC Chrome Platinum. Nice two pass neck shave making way for a beard.

My soap is set as Stirling Christmas Eve, I am using a Nacet until it dies (based on the last spin). Tonight I used my "Epoxy cyclone" rubberset 153 that was gifted to me after being chewed on by a dog. I reknotted it with a synthetic knot and it is truly my heinous labor of love. The razor was a hand-me-down Flare tip Super Speed. It was a good shave with two items I haven't used in a long while. I am looking forward to my convoluted system of abdicating decision making responsibility.

Rubberset 153 done.jpg

My soap is set as Stirling Christmas Eve, I am using a Nacet until it dies (based on the last spin). Tonight I used my "Epoxy cyclone" rubberset 153 that was gifted to me after being chewed on by a dog. I reknotted it with a synthetic knot and it is truly my heinous labor of love. The razor was a hand-me-down Flare tip Super Speed. It was a good shave with two items I haven't used in a long while. I am looking forward to my convoluted system of abdicating decision making responsibility.

Welcome to the game.

Well that certainly is unique. I think I like it

...Tonight I used my "Epoxy cyclone" rubberset 153 that was gifted to me after being chewed on by a dog. I reknotted it with a synthetic knot and it is truly my heinous labor of love...
We are all about improvisation, experimentation and creativity here, so your brush should fit right in.
👨‍🔬

20201229_200126-01-01.jpeg

Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Sandpiper
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip (Black Handle)
Blade: BIC Platinum Chrome (6)

Had a lovely shave with my birthyear and birth quarter razor paired with a BIC, which has recently become one of my preferred blades. BICs are as sharp as a Feather blade but less harsh and way more durable than a Feather (on my face). As soon as the sabbatical restock window opens I am ging to buy a bulk or two and will sale the same amount of Feather blades.

Great shave this morning with my Rubberset 400 lathering up my new Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise soap. Got the water ratio close to perfect this time! Really nice lather. Shaved it off with my Mythus shavette loaded with a Feather ProGuard on its 7th shave; clean-up with a post-war Tech on a UFO Titan Fine L handle.

Very nice! Very happy with the Dr. Jon's now that I added a lot more water. I also bloomed it briefly because last time it took so long to load; this made it lather considerably faster. I took care not to add too much soap because I knew it needed a lot more water, and I don't need enough lather to shave then entire neighborhood.

Anyway, it also smells amazing; peach with a lot of floral overtones.

Great shave this morning with my Rubberset 400 lathering up my new Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise soap. Got the water ratio close to perfect this time! Really nice lather. Shaved it off with my Mythus shavette loaded with a Feather ProGuard on its 7th shave; clean-up with a post-war Tech on a UFO Titan Fine L handle.

Very nice! Very happy with the Dr. Jon's now that I added a lot more water. I also bloomed it briefly because last time it took so long to load; this made it lather considerably faster. I took care not to add too much soap because I knew it needed a lot more water, and I don't need enough lather to shave then entire neighborhood.

Anyway, it also smells amazing; peach with a lot of floral overtones.

In case you like a fresh/crisp citrus-driven scent profile I strongly recomment Dr. John 's Hydra... the scent alone is worth a try. It's so pure and fresh... Love it.

Besides: when will your spin take place?

In case you like a fresh/crisp citrus-driven scent profile I strongly recomment Dr. John 's Hydra... the scent alone is worth a try. It's so pure and fresh... Love it.

Besides: when will your spin take place?
I love Hydra, too. Have already gone through a puck of it in the past. I have Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus, which is very similar. There is nothing out there quite like Savannah Sunrise, and I just love peach scents.

I will do the spin very soon. Within the next ten minutes or so. Stay tuned.

Ok, so here is today's spin......

Enjoy your shaves, gentlemen!

The upcoming shave might be last one in 2020, since it's time to ride the R41 again...

Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Saponificio Varesino ~ Manna di Sicilia
Razor: Mühle R41
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)

Top Bottom