What's new

Shave cream tub with biplane on the cover?

To be honest, I am a brown noser at work. I have never been that way before, my boss here at UA is totally great, and has been a huge help to me as a professional and a person, so I want to do something nice for him in return.

We were talking the other day in his office, and I confessed my newfound shaving joy, all the while expecting him to mock me for it as he is fond of doing. Instead, he told me a story of how, at a point in his life where he was in a really messed up place, a woman he was dating at the time gave him a shaving cream from Nordstrom's with a biplane on the front of it, and it was the greatest joy in his life. He called it a "revelation," and once that tub was gone (along with the crazy girlfriend) he had no idea what it was or how to get more, and has never been able to find it since.

I'm too new to wetshaving to be able to identify the tub, so I'm hoping that using the clues I DO have, someone here might be able to help me out.

1. It was from Nordstroms.
2. It had what he described as "the Wright Flyer" on the front.
3. It may have been as many as five years ago.

Anyone out there want to take a guess at this and help me kiss up to..er...thank my boss?

Shoot...

I meant to put this in the Shaving Creams forum, so if it more appropriate there, mods please feel free to move it. Sorry!

Dave

I think it might be Kiehls. They apparently have a biplane on the front of some of their stuff, and it's in a tube + brushless, which it would have to be because he doesn't own a brush.

Anyone have a good vendor for Kiehls? It would be easy to just buy it through Nordstrom, but I'd like to give my money to one of our favorite B&B vendors if possible.

Thanks!

Dave

Yup, it's definitely Kiehl's "Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream: White Eagle".

I know you can order it directly thru Kiehl's website, and my local Nordstrom has it. I don't think any of the usual venders to whom I throw lots of money carry Kiehl's. A quick-n-dirty Google search only turned up a few major vendors.

Thanks, guys. I'll probably order it online as Tuscaloosa, AL is a bit lacking in retail outlets like Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom. Also, thanks for the tip on the ASB - I'll be sure to check it out!

Dave

There is a Kiehls store local and that definetly sounds like the stuff. Personally I think it smells awful.

I'll have to stop in at some point and check on their ASB.

Top Bottom