What's new

Shave 365 for a Nacet with Sugardaddy!

It was an awesome live video and interactive talks. I stayed from morning my time for about 90 minutes!! Good show sir.

I'm not going to lie, the most I can push a blade is 7 days, and that is when I am growing my mustache. I was looking in the mirror this morning, my hair is about as thick as a boar's.

I routinely get 100 plus shaves from high end blades, but haven't tried for 365 yet. Probably won't, either.

Blade longevity in my opinion is a combination of beard composition, technique, and the sensation of pulling from uncoated blades (everything is PTFE coated these days). Some of us can shave more or less forever on a single blade, some of us won't be able to stand more than a few shaves per blade. A dense, coarse beard is going to wear a blade out faster than a sparse or fine beard, and someone sensitive to the pulling sensation of a bare steel blade isn't going to use one as long as someone like me who isn't bothered by it.

One note of interest -- if you are discarding blades because they give you weepers, it's very likely you are applying more pressure in response to the "pulling" sensation of a blade without a PTFE coating -- the blade feels different, but it's just as sharp as before the PTFE wore off. I find I apply more pressure when the coating is gone (three to five shaves on that edge, depending on blade) and will get weepers unless I concentrate on lower pressure. Physically dull blades don't give you weepers, they just leave stubble.

Good shave today after some mediocre shaves.

Razor : Parker Variant Adjustable (3, 4)
Blade : Statum (2)
Soap : Trigodon Wild Seas
Brush : Stubby 20 mm Synthetic
Aftershave : Nivea SASB

I am happy with my regular 2x7 days on most de blades. Sometimes they last longer. If they give weepers or tug I take the other half of the de blade. In a de razor I flip the blade helps too.
I do notice a difference in soap prep making a difference the slicker your shave the longer I can shave with a blade.
But 365 even 100 dat wow no

Top Bottom