What's new

Sharp's razor blades opinions

Hello, all:

I had a package of Sharp stainless blades lying around and gave it a go for the first time today.

I used it with my trusted Merkur HD today and it felt like it was just not cutting the hairs close. I used the same routine as always, but after three passes, I felt like I had to try extra hard to get a close shave.

Is it me or does anyone else think this blade is not "sharp?" My first impression was not a good one, but I'm willing to give it a second go on my next day's shave. Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks.

Rafi

Hello, all:

I had a package of Sharp stainless blades lying around and gave it a go for the first time today.

I used it with my trusted Merkur HD today and it felt like it was just not cutting the hairs close. I used the same routine as always, but after three passes, I felt like I had to try extra hard to get a close shave.

Is it me or does anyone else think this blade is not "sharp?" My first impression was not a good one, but I'm willing to give it a second go on my next day's shave. Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks.

Rafi

They're awful in my opinion.

This is clearly a YMMV situation - upon trying them for the first time, I immediately bought 200 of them. They're the closest blade I've found to Swedish Gillettes at a fraction of their cost.

jim

I have a pretty tough beard and the Sharp blades work very well. Sharper than Derbys and reasonably smooth.

Are they the Sharp version 2....version 1 was, I believe, pretty much as you describe....

Jim

Hi,

There are a bunch of threads on this very topic... try a search and check the reviews sections. But, to sum up, it's a YMMV situation, but most (IMHO) find them to be lousy blades; myself included.

Thanks, everyone.

Nice to know that it wasn't just me that had these issues.

Question for OCDshaver. How can I tell the difference between Version 2 and Version 1?

Thanks.

Rafi

It probably depends on your razor too, like with Derbys, when I still had my Merkur HD, they were the blade for me. With my Gillette Tech, however, it felt like I needed more passes to achieve the shave I got from my usual blade preference for that razor.

I tried them and rate them right DOWN there with Merkur as the worst! I don't like either. Wal-Mart ASRs are way better!

I tried Sharps and decided that they were not.

Tried two different blades from the pack, just to be sure the first one wasn't a bum blade. The WalMart blades were a lot better.

Very interesting opinions. Because I happen to like Sharps alot. Maybe I'm nuts or something. They work better for me than the Derby's.

I had a nice Shave with a Sharp yesterday. First shave on the blade. Using my 1963 Gillette Adjustable...dialed to a 5.

It's part of a sampler pack, but I'd rank it ahead of Personnas.

Top Bottom