What's new

Shark super chrome

Just shaved with a Shark super chrome. It was not as bad as i thought it would be. I thought it would be like a Derby and pull my hair out individually by the root. But it was much sharper... not as sharp as a personna blue or astras but it seemed to give me a good shave. I did get to agressive with it on my neck and got a bit some irritation which i never do. But oh well. Cant wait to see how the second shave with it goes!

I just tried the Shark super chrome for the first time this week, but mid-shave. After some advice here stating that changing blades mid-shave is a bad idea, I tried it again last night. It wasn't awful, but I won't be buying more after the five pack is gone. Hope your second shave shows more improvement than mine did.

I had a favorite blade (Bic Chrome Platinum) for over a year, and got a little bored using the same blade all of the time. I decided to try 3 sample blades of a variety of different blades. I tried 17 total. There were many in there that were highly recommended and that I really wanted/expected to like. To my shock, the last minute addition Shark Super Chrome beat out all the rest, finishing on par with my beloved Bic blades. I was so surprised by the first shave I thought it was a fluke, but after 3 blades and about 20 shaves with them, I didn't have a bad shave. I'll be ordering 100 for sure.

I'm a fan of the Shark Super Chrome. I think its stablemate, the Lord Super Chrome is slightly better. They are both good blades. They are nice and sharp for me. I get a better (closer) shave from them than I do with Astra SPs or Personna Blue blades.

The Super Chrome is quite a different blade from the Super Stainless. I'd still recommend trying a Lord or Shark Super Stainless the next time you want to try something new. You might like them.

Tried the Shark SC this morning. Much better than the previous shave. I think it is a matter of practice to get it right. It is interesting how each blade I try seems to have a slightly different characteristic.

I'm going through my sample pack now. I recently tried a Shark Super Stainless and it was probably the worst blade that I've ever used. I followed up with a Shark Super Chrome after my face recovered a few days later and although it was better, it was still pretty lousy. The blade was constantly getting stuck while trying to shave off my chin and upper lip areas. Since it wasn't as awful as the Shark SS, I decided to give it a second try and it was a huge mistake. It has been about 24 hours since I last used it and my face still hurts quite a bit. The pain that I experienced shortly after I finished shaving was unreal.

I know that blades are especially a "your mileage may vary" thing, but I'm still always amazed that people can tolerate some of these blades. I have never had as much pain from shaving as I had after using a Shark SS, Shark SC, and a Personna red. For reference, my favorite blades so far are Feather, yellow 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, and Voskhod. Astra SP was my first 100 pack and it's also an excellent blade, although it seems to irritate my face - whether it's the platinum coating or something else in the blade that is responsible is still a mystery to me.

The Sharks give me a great shave with my medium beard type. If they pulled & tugged like the Croma blade I would not have bought them. The other blades you listed are all top shelf blades.

These do not work for me. They yank rather than cut my whiskers. I like a few others have noted, had a sore face afterwards. I tried a second one to make sure I didn't just get a bad blade but both were bad.

I've only tried one shark sc, and I enjoyed it in a razorock slant. No hair tugging until the fourth shave, which is average for me with Astra's and voskhods. I made a note to order a tuck but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Just to follow up on this. I used the Shark on the second shave.... I changed the blade before I got one cheek shaved and poped in an Astra. My prep was good and lather was good. No more Sharkey for me.... my face was even a bit sore for the whole day after the first shave. I wanted to like them.... but oh well.

Shark super chromes were the last blades I tried in a sampler I purchased back in March. I like them so much I ordered 100. To me they are as good as anything I've used.

I like the super chrome. I just blazed through 3 days of growth no problem. Which for me is alot of hair. I can grow hair like Bigfoot.

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

Top Bottom