What's new

Shameless Dime Store Aftershave fan

I've been thinking about getting this bottle of Gabels Bay Rum, but just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger on it. I suppose it has something to do with wanting to sample some other aftershaves during my lifetime.

I've been thinking about getting this bottle of Gabels Bay Rum, but just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger on it. I suppose it has something to do with wanting to sample some other aftershaves during my lifetime.
Yeah, that bottle might be a bit large, but I would recommend pickimg up the 16 ounce bottle! I have it and it smells and performs great!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well, next time I'm in the market for a slimy, greasy AS with "a timid, banal scent," I'll know where to go... :wink2:

Exactly my point! :lol:
I originally intended to seek opinions on this particular dime store AS, even though the thread has slid into dime store Aftershaves in general.

Is there any reason for expensive aftershaves to be any better than "cheap" drugstore aftershaves? The ingredients are cheap. Skin Bracer in a fancy bottle at $30 would probably be raved about would it not? :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. But that is not always the case in every scenario.

I'm using Family Dollar Brut knockoff traveling right now. I think it smells great and if it spills who gives a damn cause it was dirt cheap under 3.00$

...for less than $40 Master has some gallon-size offerings
$masters gallon.jpg

I presume it's Stetson Cooling Moisture you're talking about..and I love it! I do sometimes mix it with other things though to amp up the scent a bit.

Unfortunately there are those who would look down their nose a bit if it doesn't have a complex name or a steep price tag, regardless of the results.
Before I found B&B the advice I found online was like that- if the price isn't high enough, it's not worth buying. I'm glad this site is about performance, not pretense.

I'm not a fan of Old Spice but like AV a lot. I like the blue version.

Same here. I like AV Musk a lot, too. I've never seen Stetson on any shelf near me, but if I do, I'll run the other way. :scared:

I have several Master ASes and like them all (especially Challenge). Let's not forget Gabel, either. Gabel's Lime is one of my staples.

Same here. I like AV Musk a lot, too. I've never seen Stetson on any shelf near me, but if I do, I'll run the other way. :scared:

I have several Master ASes and like them all (especially Challenge). Let's not forget Gabel, either. Gabel's Lime is one of my staples.
Gabel's Bay Rum is one of the best bay rums on the market.

I keep thinking about trying Master's Bay Rum, but I have so much Clubman and Florida Water I'm not sure where I'd put it right now.

Top Bottom