What's new

Shallow shaving shiny razor suggestions

lasta

Blade Biter
Hey guys,

My spending fingers are getting a little itchy. Please make a few suggestions if you've come across razors that meet the following proprieties:
  • Shallow angle: <30 degrees
  • Positive exposure: 0.05-0.1mm
  • Small gap: <0.7mm
  • Shiny: Steel or brass preferred, but I'll take plated Zamak too, no brushed/matte finish please.
  • Sleek head design, preferred, but not a must. Shallow razors tend to be sleek anyways.
  • Closed comb
For you Blutt shavers, would you call it a shallow razor? Does the 0.8 option have positive exposure? Blutt is slightly outside of my preferences, but I do like the look!

*TLDR, I'm looking for a modern shiny Tech.

Last edited:
I haven't had the luck to come across anything modern that perform as comfortable with ample efficiency as the NI and Tech. Perhaps the Sentinel 1.35 comes closest to what I have tried regarding smoothness, but since you've thrown a slim head profile into the mix I'm no real help.

Will be interested to read the suggestions.

Also +1 friendship-points for asking for shiney razors only. 😎

• Shallow angle: <30 degrees
  • Positive exposure: 0.05-0.1mm
  • Small gap: <0.7mm
  • Shiny: Steel or brass preferred, but I'll take plated Zamak too, no brushed/matte finish please.
  • Sleek head design, preferred, but not a must. Shallow razors tend to be sleek anyways.
  • Closed comb
Easy:

1683894331079.jpeg

Karve Christoper B. is a pretty shallow riding the cap type of razor with a variety of plates to tune your gap and exposure needs in a variety of metals.

Ever you wrote above except for matte finish screams Feather AS-D2. Otherwise, RazoRock Lupo .58 might be an option.

This.

Not shiny, but much of what the OP is seeking.

By coincidence, I dug out my ASD2 for today's shave with a Feather blade. On my final (ATG) pass I didn't get any feedback, until I realized I was shaving too steep. Once I adjusted to a shallower angle, it started shaving again.

Top Bottom