What's new

September 2018 Photo Challenge: Long Exposure Photography

Hard to believe it's time to vote already, Wow fall seems to be coming fast.

My vote also goes to #17. Very nice foreground for the star trails, and catching the meteor really pushes it over the top. Very well done!

VOTE: #18 -- "Alas Poor Yorick". Fascinating movement patterns that, yeah, brought to mind a skull at a less granular level. My kind of floaty stuff! Great shots all. Sorry I missed entering a photo this month. Can't wait to see October's challenge.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
This month I wanted to challenge myself to attempt something completely new so I opted to try a star trails shot. This is a stacked shot of 66 images exposed 2 minutes each for a total exposure time of 132 minutes (2 hours 12 minutes). The images were stacked using StarStaX.

"Star Trails over Pioneer Cabin"
This cabin is the oldest standing structure in the Pikes Peak region and was built prior to 1870. I happened to see a meteor while shooting and you can see it above the cabin. The colors are the natural colors of the stars.
View attachment 913388
Images were shot using a Fuji X-T2, 12mm Rokinon lens, ISO 250, f/4, 2 minutes each exposure for a total of 66 exposures. An LED panel was used for 10 seconds during the first exposure to light the cabin.
VERY Nice :thumbsup: #17 does it for Me

Top Bottom