What's new

GIVEAWAY! August 2023 Photo Challenge - Still Life (with PIF winner's prize)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am trying a new format for the B&B photograph challenge. This challenge will run for a full month (August) with submissions and voting performed in the first two weeks of September. The winner of this challenge will have the option of receiving a new shave-ready (to my standard) Gold Dollar 66 straight razor with beginner instructions if needed (winner pays postage).

Profile Face.jpg

Rules:
1. The theme of this challenge is a still life tabletop photograph. By "still life tabletop", I mean a photograph of inanimate object(s) on a tabletop. Such objects could include; flowers, food, plants, shaving gear, clothing, plants, rocks, etc.. You get the idea.​
2. You must have taken the photo yourself during the month of August 2023.​
3. No post-processing allowed (not even auto-enhance) except for cropping and rotation.​
4. Entries are not to be posted in this thread. You may post your photos here for comments and suggestions but they will not be considered entries.​
5. Entry photos will need to be uploaded into a new thread that will be started in this forum at 0001hrs UTC Friday 01 September 2023.​
6. Entries will close at 2359hrs UTC Thursday 07 September 2023.​
7. Only one (1) entry per member allowed. If you post more than one entry, only the first posted will be considered a valid entry.​
8. Voting to determine the winning entry will be in a third thread opened in this forum at 0001hrs UTC Friday 08 September 2023 and the winner announced at 2359hrs UTC 14 September 2023.​

Prize:
The winner will have the option of receiving a new shave-ready Gold Dollar 66 straight razor for postage only. If this prize is not taken, it will be carried over into the October 2023 photo challenge.​

Postage:
Cost of postage for the prize is:​
Australia = AU$12.20​
New Zealand = US$10.00​
Asia/Pacific = US$14.60​
USA & Canada = US$16.40​
UK, Europe & Brazil = US$20​

Any questions, just ask in this thread.
Rest of world =

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Some examples of still life tabletop photos. Not mine and not entries.

still-life-product.jpg still-life-photography-whiskey.jpg Photo07.jpg Photo03.jpg close-up-of-black-teapot.jpg 6.8.17Henkotsu-1.jpg

As you may notice, subject matter is not that important while lighting is probably the most important. Play around with different lighting arrangements and take lots of different photos. Ones that you think are worthy of discussion can be posted in this thread

At the end of August, you can post what you consider your best as your entry in the separate entry thread.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Correction - Rest of world added.

Postage:
Cost of postage for the prize is:​
Australia = AU$12.20​
New Zealand = US$10.00​
Asia/Pacific = US$14.60​
USA & Canada = US$16.40​
UK, Europe & Brazil = US$20.00​
Rest of world = US$23.70​