What's new

Semogue Taj Resin SOC Mixed Knot

My Semogue SOC mixed knot with Taj resin handle just arrived. This is a really nice brush. Feels like it has good backbone(dry...fresh out of the box).

proxy.php

I like that handle. I wish they would offer the white/green combination like they do on the boar models fornthe badgers. Just make them out of the same material as the Taj.

I purchased the 2-band badger version. When I read that the knots were hand tied, I could not resist. I also own the older SOC boar and SOC 2-band badger brushes in cherry wood handle.

I am really keen to see a detailed review of this. I always feel the mixed knot would be tough to manage given the two different components. Boars and Badgers have different characteristics. Is this combo a magic ‘best of both worlds’ option? I am keen for the resin handle but need an opinion on being a Puritan for boar or going the mixed route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, i couldn't wait for the reviews because I've got a "problem". I've got a Taj Mistura on the way.

Last edited:
It’s a nice brush if you want good backbone. It’s a stiff brush. I face lather so really like it. It’s okay on softness but not like a synthetic or my other badger. But maybe after I use it for a few months that will improve.

I think it’s a steal of a brush for the price I paid. Hope you guys like it too!

It’s a nice brush if you want good backbone. It’s a stiff brush. I face lather so really like it. It’s okay on softness but not like a synthetic or my other badger. But maybe after I use it for a few months that will improve.

I think it’s a steal of a brush for the price I paid. Hope you guys like it too!
If the knot is the same as the original Mistura, it should loosen up with more use but I don't think you should expect it to get silky soft. I love mine for face lathering too, has good backbone and scrub.

If the knot is the same as the original Mistura, it should loosen up with more use but I don't think you should expect it to get silky soft. I love mine for face lathering too, has good backbone and scrub.

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

I concur - it’s a great brush.

Finally got around to using this today. What a pleasant surprise. Backbone galore, but very very soft tips. The knot and tips are very uniform. There was no scritch but there was some scrub when splayed enough. Otherwise it just had firm softness. That's just one shave though. Since the boar hairs can be expected to change with break in, I can't conclude much yet. Very comfortable handle. This might just be an awesome brush.

Too be continued.

Top Bottom