What's new

Semogue shedding

My new 830 is loosing about 2-5 hairs every time I use it. I've used it about 10 times so far. This is my first boars brush. Is this normal?

Hmm, my Semogue 830 didn't do that. I'd say it shed < 5 hairs total since I've owned it. Hopefully it'll plateau and stop shedding.

Hmm...make sure you are letting it hang dry all the way, and if it doesn't stop soon, I'd email where you got it from and ask them about it. Most of the vendors depending on where you got it from are really great people and will do what they can to make it right.

My Semogue 620 was about the same, 2-5 hairs each use and never stopped shedding. My 1305 never shed.

Last edited:
You could always contact the vendor and see what they have to say about it. A densely packed badger may shed a few hairs each shave for a few weeks or even a couple months but I'm not sure about boars. None of my Semogues lost more than 2 hairs during break in.

I'm curious though, are they full length hairs coming out of the brush or are they broken shorter hairs?

You could always contact the vendor and see what they have to say about it.

Something wrong with the brush. Contact the retailer you bought it from right away. Semogue brushes don't shed unless they have a problem.

Is it shedding or breaking hairs? I've seen them break a couple hairs if you don't soak them in water for a bit before the shave

Are you soaking the brush in hot water? If so, it loosens up the knot/epoxy which causes shedding. It happened to me that way.

I'm happy to report that this brush stopped shedding. Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions.

Top Bottom