What's new

Semogue Saturdays!

full

First drive in Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger - with RazoRock SS Lupo 72 using a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum, MdC Fougere, and Floid Genuine.

Very happy I bought the Silvertip. The Silvertip tips are definitely softer than the Torga C5 2-Band Finest. I would describe the Silvertip as firm with a little less backbone than the 2-Band Finest. The Silvertip has more backbone than a Simpson KH4 Best Badger.

I now own all four Torga C5 brushes with natural hair: Premium Boar, Mistura, 2-Band Finest, and Silvertip.

1711829949295.png

2-Band Finest on left. Silvertip on right.

1711830005975.png

First drive in Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger - with RazoRock SS Lupo 72 using a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum, MdC Fougere, and Floid Genuine.

Very happy I bought the Silvertip. The Silvertip tips are definitely softer than the Torga C5 2-Band Finest. I would describe the Silvertip as firm with a little less backbone than the 2-Band Finest. The Silvertip has more backbone than a Simpson KH4 Best Badger.

I now own all four Torga C5 brushes with natural hair: Premium Boar, Mistura, 2-Band Finest, and Silvertip.

View attachment 1820880

2-Band Finest on left. Silvertip on right.

View attachment 1820881
Do you notice huge differences or are there more backbones between the C5 mixture and the C5 Finest?
Which one do you prefer among all the C5 torga models, including the Silvertip?

Do you notice huge differences or are there more backbones between the C5 mixture and the C5 Finest?
Which one do you prefer among all the C5 torga models, including the Silvertip?

The C5 2-Band Finest, Silvertip and Mistura all have sufficient backbone for my taste - more than a Simpson KH4 Best Badger.

The 2-Band Finest has a tad more backbone than the Silvertip. The Silvertip's tips are a tad softer than the 2-Band Finest. The Silvertip has plenty of backbone.

The Mistura is a terrific brush and great value. I sometimes have trouble telling the difference between the 2-Band Finest and the Mistura.

I seem to have a slight preference for the 2-Band Finest over the Silvertip, but the more I use the Silvertip the slight preference seems to diminish.

Bottom line is I am enjoying all of the badger C5 brushes.

🏝️ 🎣 🎿 ⛳ SOTD April 6th 2024💂‍♀️🏄🏻‍♂️🚢🏕️

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends!

After recovering from a bad flu, I started shaving again after 6 days. And I took the chance to test the blade that my dear friend Paul @awk_m4 with his immense generosity, gave me the opportunity to try: the Polsilver Vintage. What a treat, friends! I took advantage and gave her a baptism of fire. I put it on my Greencult 2.0 plate IV which, with its 1.05 gap and 0.20 mm exposure, put the blade to the test. It was spectacular. She was unforgiving to my long beard, but at the same time soft to my skin. It seemed thicker to me than current blades like Wizamet, for example. It looks like I was in a muscle car today. Maybe a Shelby Mustang or even a Dodge Challenger. There wasn't a single hair left or a cut or scratch.

MdC Fougère, Semogue SOC Boar and Brut completed the journey.

With us, a bass genius, the great Scott LaFaro.

Rating: 10

Have a nice evening and great shaves!
❤️🪒

42ED4A4A-9451-4D81-8746-8DA51E652FA2.jpeg
IMG_6153.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom