What's new

Semogue Bit the Dust

Ugh… my favorite brush just fell apart this morning. Made lather, applied lather, then rinsed as usual, and while shaking out the water the center fell out. I think I’ve had this one for about three years so got some good use from it. I suppose since they are so inexpensive there’s no sense in trying to repair it.

Darn, I’ll have to buy a new brush…

Attachments

• IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Ugh… my favorite brush just fell apart this morning. Made lather, applied lather, then rinsed as usual, and while shaking out the water the center fell out. I think I’ve had this one for about three years so got some good use from it. I suppose since they are so inexpensive there’s no sense in trying to repair it.

Looks like a 620 ?
Sad to see that happen

Sorry to hear. Same thing happened to my first two boar brushes from Van Der Hagen (VDH) with an average life of 6 months before they fell apart (common occurrence for VDH brushes per other B&B posts). Agree that given its price point a new brush is the best way forward.

Sorry to hear. Same thing happened to my first two boar brushes from Van Der Hagen (VDH) with an average life of 6 months before they fell apart (common occurrence for VDH brushes per other B&B posts). Agree that given its price point a new brush is the best way forward.
I have had 2 VDH boars, attracted by their price point and physical availability for me.
They shed their entire life span until the point where the knot density just wasn't worth using anymore.

My understanding is that the legacy brushes which were assembled in TX were very good, but quality dropped significantly when they shifted to overseas. Both my brush boxes listed MIC...

Phew…

As sad as that may be, it is not as bad as I had feared.
What really happened is that your Semogue bit the dust.

After Thäter and Vie-Long getting out of the shaving brush business; looking at your title, I had feared that Semogue might be the next one.
Which IMO would be a bigger loss than the aforementioned two.

Panic attack avoided…

Three years may be a bit short, but unless your hard on your Semogue(s) it is most likely a one off, as mine seem to last forever.

B.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I just about fainted thinking they'd gone out of business.

My favorite Semogue brushes are all limited edition brushes. Great knots for the most part.

It won't be hard to replace your brush which is the good news.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I did as well, yesterday - then I almost fainted again today as I read down the list of posts.

Phew…

After Thäter and Vie-Long getting out of the shaving brush business; looking at your title, I had feared that Semogue might be the next one.

Panic attack avoided…

Three years may be a bit short, but unless your hard on your Semogue(s) it is most likely a one off, as mine seem to last forever.

B.
I kinda had the same reaction here reading the thread title but after reading the OP my first thought was it reminded me of what happened with Thater boar brushes a few years back...

Phew…

Panic attack avoided…

B.
Yes, I should have been a bit more specific in the title. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

How old was it? Recent t purchase?

Top Bottom