What's new

Semogue 610 vs. Semogue 620

My 610 was a gift from @Macfrommichigan. I’m a face latherer and make a lot of hydrated soap. This brush is effortless. After it drys I place a loose fitting rubber band around the knot . Keeps all the bristles together.
You don't like the excellent bloom that Semogue brushes have?

With the Semogue 620 you pay for a boar brush and eventually you get a high end badger brush. Are you with me?

You don't like the excellent bloom that Semogue brushes have?

With the Semogue 620 you pay for a boar brush and eventually you get a high end badger brush. Are you with me?

I’m trying to hold on to the stiffness. I can’t recall the word...stritch?? I enjoy the exfoliating property of boar.

I already found my badger, a wonderful combination or boar and badger, the Semogue 11047 @ $14. :a14:

No sure I would like Badger hair only .

I’m trying to hold on to the stiffness. I can’t recall the word...stritch?? I enjoy the exfoliating property of boar.

I already found my badger, a wonderful combination or boar and badger, the Semogue 11047 @ $14. :a14:

No sure I would like Badger hair only .
Yeah the backbone! It is wonderful. Loads soap like a beast. I call it the little black devil. Great handle, quit small but fits the hand perfectly.

Good choice too about the boar/badger. For badger only you may want to check the Semogue SOC 2band, but it expensive.

My method is similar with @rockviper.

Put the brush soaking into warm water which has soapy water in dish detergent. Do this for a few minutes swirling it and leave it for 1 hour.

Rinse well, lather up with Proraso Green cream and leave it overnight. The knot should be full of creamy lather.

The next day rinse the brush and take a glass of water, put the brush inside and put the glass inside the fridge. The next day, take the brush out, shake the excess water and start rubbing the brush for 10-15 minutes on a clean towel. Then fill the glass with fresh water again and put the brush inside again and then in the fridge.

Repeat this process for 3 days. The brush is well broken in but you have to use it to be fully broken in.

Top Bottom