What's new

Semogue 1800 vs Barbear Classico Cerda

I have a Semogue BC Cerda and it's the only boar brush I truly love. For me it has the perfect combination of soft tips, backbone and density - the knot holds together the way a top notch 2-band does.

I've read some good things about the Semogue 1800 and am thinking about trying it. I was wondering if anyone has used both the 1800 and the Cerda and if so, if they would care to compare them.

I just sold my BC Cerda. Loved it, but the handle was just too small.

I just am now breaking in an 1800....very nice!!!

Both are very good. The 1800 handle is nice, not too big like an SOC. The brush is very soft, still not really broken in yet.

I recommend having both!

I just sold my BC Cerda. Loved it, but the handle was just too small.

I just am now breaking in an 1800....very nice!!!

Both are very good. The 1800 handle is nice, not too big like an SOC. The brush is very soft, still not really broken in yet.

I recommend having both!

Thanks for your reply. I coincidentally pulled the trigger on an 1800 earlier this evening.

While I don't have a Cerda brush I have the Semogue 1800 and I really like it. It is like no other Semouge with the combination of bristles they use in it. Of all the boar brushes I have tried this is my favorite.

It is a great looking brush also with a nice handle.

$Semogue 1800.jpg

I have some experience with the Semogue 830, but not the 1800, 2000, or SOC. Even after reading the reviews I can't figure out which one I'd prefer. At these prices the idea of splurging on all three isn't so far-fetched.

Last edited:
I got both the above mentioned bushes, and I prefer my 1800 because of the larger handle.
As other have mentioned; the handle of the Classico is on the small side.

Great knots in all three versions of the brush though :biggrin1:

Top Bottom