What's new

See post #48 .Arko soap in the bowl is being discontinued!

Hello,

We are the importer of Arko shaving products here in the USA and Amazon's direct vendor of all products Arko. The Arko product lines were relaunched this year with new designs, that you will probably be seeing in 2016 if you buy any of Arko's products from Amazon. The Arko Shaving Soap has not been redesigned it will remain as is. However the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl has been discontinued by Evyap. That last of it has been manufactured this month. So unless Evyap decides to change their minds as of now the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl will remain discontinued however you probably wont have a hard time finding for about a year or so.

Oh that's good news! Phew... now I can breath easy. When I first read "Another classic gone: Arko soap is being discontinued!" I imagined it was time to take dramatic action and order a lifetime supply before it was too late. But still, I might just order another box of Arko soap off amazon right for insurance. That was a close call.

Last edited:
If they refer to the puck in the red plastic clamshell, its discontinuance is still cause for sadness. No more opening the pack and seeing the Arko man engraved in the soap. As long as the product is still made in some form I suppose I can get over the loss.

If they refer to the puck in the red plastic clamshell, its discontinuance is still cause for sadness. No more opening the pack and seeing the Arko man engraved in the soap. As long as the product is still made in some form I suppose I can get over the loss.

I prefer the Arko in puck form, but I'll just grind up a stick in a cheese grater and place it in a mug when they discontinue it. Works the same for me.

My guess is that the pricing is the reason the puck is being phased out. The stick is a better buy and I would imagine old timers that have used it for years didn't switch.

Hello,

We are the importer of Arko shaving products here in the USA and Amazon's direct vendor of all products Arko. The Arko product lines were relaunched this year with new designs, that you will probably be seeing in 2016 if you buy any of Arko's products from Amazon. The Arko Shaving Soap has not been redesigned it will remain as is. However the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl has been discontinued by Evyap. That last of it has been manufactured this month. So unless Evyap decides to change their minds as of now the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl will remain discontinued however you probably wont have a hard time finding for about a year or so.
It looks like Evyap changed their minds at least once. Some of us, myself included, just took delivery of Arko shaving tubs with a 2018 manufacturing date. May still be discontinued beyond occasional batch production runs as recent stick deliveries have a 2021 production date. More recent productions runs may also explain why the tubs are still available for sale 6 years after the 2016 announcement.

I've always wondered why folks bought the tub. It's much cheaper in stick form and it's soft enough to mash into any container of your choosing. Just to be contrary I'll probably smash it into my Cella tub when it's empty.

I've always wondered why folks bought the tub. It's much cheaper in stick form and it's soft enough to mash into any container of your choosing. Just to be contrary I'll probably smash it into my Cella tub when it's empty.
Some prefer it for travel purposes. Saw one post where the B&B member found it easier to fit in his preferred container versus the stick. Reality is, as you noted, that the stick is so malleable that it's easy to mold into any container.

Top Bottom