What's new

See post #48 .Arko soap in the bowl is being discontinued!

Perhaps the scent is what is changing. If so and everything else remains the same it might just be a change for the better. If not, perhaps the new product will actually be a real improvement. Let's not jump the gun, and make ourselves silly over something that may or may not be a bad thing.

I for one wouldn't mind a change of scent with this stick. Or a tweak to the formula that make it a better lather.

Scent is what I was thinking that might be the change and maybe going from stick to tub. Companies keep an eye on chatter about their products and the only weakness of Arko is the scent so if they are coming out with the same formula and a scent that doesn't make half the people want to toss it within a minute of opening it then it would be a killer product.

As for better lather, the only shortfall on the lather that I can see is that it's a bit drying but it lathers extremely well especially for the price.

Sweet! I was getting depressed. That "Williams is being discontinued" thread that never seemed to die finally drifted off the front page. I was wondering how long it would be before the next Product Discontinued drama would unfold. Yum yum...I just eat this stuff up.

I think I'll wander over to the double-edge razor blade area and start a rumor about all Russian blades being hard to get after the incident where Turkey shot down the Russian SU24. See you over there...this could be fun.

The SU-24 is nicknamed "Fencer" I'm sure you could work that in the title, maybe call it "Fencer dulls blades"! :lol:

Hello,

We are the importer of Arko shaving products here in the USA and Amazon's direct vendor of all products Arko. The Arko product lines were relaunched this year with new designs, that you will probably be seeing in 2016 if you buy any of Arko's products from Amazon. The Arko Shaving Soap has not been redesigned it will remain as is. However the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl has been discontinued by Evyap. That last of it has been manufactured this month. So unless Evyap decides to change their minds as of now the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl will remain discontinued however you probably wont have a hard time finding for about a year or so.

Welcome Kev!
Thank you for clearing that up. You should be getting a PM from the team shortly.
Jim

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The Arko Shaving Soap has not been redesigned it will remain as is. However the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl has been discontinued by Evyap.

Thanks you for that enlightening piece of information and a warm welcome to B&B!

thanks for the warm welcome guys. We read the forums from time to time to check up on everyone's opinion on Arko. I just saw this thread and thought I'd let you guys know the truth.

Hello,

We are the importer of Arko shaving products here in the USA and Amazon's direct vendor of all products Arko. The Arko product lines were relaunched this year with new designs, that you will probably be seeing in 2016 if you buy any of Arko's products from Amazon. The Arko Shaving Soap has not been redesigned it will remain as is. However the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl has been discontinued by Evyap. That last of it has been manufactured this month. So unless Evyap decides to change their minds as of now the Arko Shaving Soap in a Bowl will remain discontinued however you probably wont have a hard time finding for about a year or so.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's a good thing I laid in a large supply of Arko tubs. I guess when I run out of tubs (which I will now save for later) I will be recycling the tubs refilled with smashed Arko sticks. Using sticks on your face doesn't get it for me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's a good thing I laid in a large supply of Arko tubs. I guess when I run out of tubs (which I will now save for later) I will be recycling the tubs refilled with smashed Arko sticks. Using sticks on your face doesn't get it for me.

I like Arko, but I hate shaving sticks, so my Arko always gets mashed into a bowl. Thankfully, it's a pretty soft soap and it isn't difficult.

Even if it ends up a Gone Johnson...... It isn't like there aren't 10,000 other fantastic soaps out there to choose from, as though our only choices are Arko.... and GoJo Hand Cleaner.

I understand it is some people's favorite. I understand it is cheap. I often wonder if it is so many people's favorite only because it is cheap. Obviously YMMV, but to me, it makes a LITTLE above average lather, and smells like soap.

If it was really going away? Meh.....

Top Bottom