What's new

EDC Change-Season change.

Leaves are changing. Temperatures dropping. Wardrobe getting reconfigured.
Since relocating to an environment which experiences significant seasonal change,
I have changed the ordnance I carry along with my daily choice of what I wear
Smaller pistols like the P365, Nano, Model 442 and such will not see too much duty
Larger sidearms like the Glock 23, Kimber
Pro Carry, Sig Sauer P220, Browning Hi Power, Ruger SP 101, HK 45, Ruger SR1911 10mm.
etc. will see much more daylight.
Anyone else going this route?
769DCC07-9DE4-4281-AA76-0627D2FEE157.jpeg
926ACFF5-B49F-4FD7-AB24-0DB9DF76145C.jpeg
48CAFCD8-D3B6-46FF-B725-3BA19294D6FD.jpeg
90E5CD70-494C-45FD-AA12-3C7295412FEF.jpeg
FAE94D45-A12B-4356-90D1-A0A36D4C3A61.jpeg

8037AE4A-9DA4-44A7-A934-E59C94E8D06D.jpeg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I do it more by what I am wearing since we don't have big season swings. We go from hot, to not as hot, to occasionally chilly. Shorts and tees is usually my LCP II or Micro 9. Jeans I will usually go with a 1911 or SP 101.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I do it more by what I am wearing since we don't have big season swings. We go from hot, to not as hot, to occasionally chilly. Shorts and tees is usually my LCP II or Micro 9. Jeans I will usually go with a 1911 or SP 101.

I pretty much do the same here. It can be 80 F or 20 F on any given season. Since I have a new leather belt and holsters for my Range Officer and SP101, I am determined to make sure to remember, if it's cold enough for a coat or jacket it's cold enough for the bigger hardware.

I'm actually wearing the new leather belt as I type this trying to get it good and broken in, even though it's in the 90's and my Ruger LCP II is AIWB on that leather belt.

9F18E09D-7ABF-4789-BC70-8DAD7EAAB3E4.jpeg

3EF6F022-0A4E-4CBD-8339-327FC57FC9AC.jpeg

CF3D6EF2-9739-441A-807C-43B9364F0427.jpeg

OkieStubble

I had a coat once. May still have it somewhere.

Every time I see a dude in the Walmart parking lot in the winter time walking to his car in sub zero temps, driving snow and sleet?

He has Texas license plates. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Every time I see a dude in the Walmart parking lot in the winter time walking to his car in sub zero temps, driving snow and sleet?

He has Texas license plates. :)
Well those are simply Snowbirds in rental cars or them folk from way up north in San Antonio.

The smaller, the better for me. I carry the same thing year round. Mostly a 5 or 6 shot snub, occasionally a G43. I am pretty sure the only gun I have carried in the past two years has been a 6 shot Colt D frame.

I've got two I work with, clothing dependent. I'll break out the down jacket or carhart when the temp starts with a 5. still wearing one of the two regulars, even then.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
My main 2 EDC are an LCP and a commander size 1911. I can wear both with just about any type of clothing. The only difference is I’ll carry OWB more when I’m wearing a jacket.

Nope. I just grab my S&W 442 in a kydex IWB appendix carry and a speed strip with an extra load of Critical Defense. That or my Shield with a spare mag, same carry, work year-round.

I can't carry when I'm working but I keep my weapon isecure in the car along with a tee shirt and a aloha shirt. as soon as I'm out of the work site, I change and carry. Season is meaningless, it's always either a 1911 or the XDM

I will take the contra. I have moved from an iron sighted g35 to an RDS G17. Quality purposed designed belt with a quality holster and I simply drive on. I may go G22 with and Acro for the winter if It comes back from the gunsmith such that I can can put 500-1000 thru it. AIWB 99% of the time.

6 degrees to 106, it really does not matter. I choose to edc a full sized gun 99% of the time. (G19 or bigger)

OkieStubble

I spent a couple of decades carrying a G19 at 4:30 on the hip in a Uncle Mike’s soft holster and was plenty happy with that set up year around in a jacket & jeans in cold weather or shorts and a T in hot weather.

And I could run & gun with the best of em’.

Then when I got closer to retirement, I switched to the G43X and naturally, put it in an Uncle Mike’s behind the hip also.

2CEE21AA-88D9-4512-A868-A13D1BC328BB.jpeg

But hanging out here in this forum with other gun enthusiast fella’s, one tends to get a bit influenced by what they like also. So, I decided to go Uncle Mike’s IWB in shorts and T when it’s hot and Mitch Rosen Leather OWB when it’s cold and I can conceal under a jacket or coat.

A99542B8-62D0-4FDC-9DEC-168256C08B69.jpeg

Now That I have been retired for a bit, I’ve been getting in shape and have lost all of the tummy overhang from a bad diet and being stuck behind an admin desk, so I have now been able to add AIWB to my concealed carry options.

Lot’s of people don’t like Uncle Mike’s soft IWB holsters for any type carry, but I have never been the type to always swim down stream with the other fish, if I find something that really works for me; and UM’s soft holsters have just plain worked for me.

As long as I carried it at 4:30. AIWB? Not so much. I purchased a kydex holster with a soft back, more of a hybrid really, for the wife a few months back so she could run thru a tactical concealed carry class with one of her girlfriends who was also taking it. She did really well in the class and likes the holster from StealthGearUSA, so I picked one up also, for me and my 43X.

I didn’t like it. She likes hers and the double clip on each side, but I guess I’m just a minimalist at heart so I returned mine. It’s hard to find a comfortable kydex holster for AIWB? It’s got to be thin, yet tough and low profile without a bunch of sharp edges and corners. I went thru a few eBay kydex holster’s and returned them all.

I was about to give up on my impossible search and just go back to the UM’s behind the hip, but I had been seeing videos and reading in the forums about a local holster company in my state in Tulsa Ok called Tulster. So on a desperate whim, without knowing anything about them, I ordered one for the G43X.

They are only one, of a very few kydex holster makers who will make you a holster for a pistol that has a under attached weapons light. Lot’s of companies make them for duty holster’s, but there ain’t too many that do it for concealed carry pistols.

I love it. Thin, lightweight, rigid, great retention and draw capabilities along with easy re-holsters. No sharp edges and the edges of the holster are smooth and cut back to a minimalist standard. Even the back shield or sweat guard doesn’t stick up 3 inches above the pistol like many others, poking and jabbing you in the gut when bending over or sitting down.

I like it so much, I have seriously been considering throwing away my Uncle Mike’s holsters. And I have been carrying UM’s for more then 20 years. :)

BA49B953-4C50-4846-A4E5-6B8E5AC33A6B.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I was about to give up on my impossible search and just go back to the UM’s behind the hip, but I had been seeing videos and reading in the forums about a local holster company in my state in Tulsa Ok called Tulster. So on a desperate whim, without knowing anything about them, I ordered one for the G43X.

You might want to be careful on who you are sending your money to.

Rex Brinlee, Tom Lester Pugh, Albert McDonald, and Cleo Epps come to mind. :lol:

You had to have been there to appreciate it. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom