What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

5DAA67E1-5C6D-43C1-8334-374669E88AC4.jpeg

Blackland Sabre L2
Personna Gem - PTFE
SV 70th Anniversary
PALADIN

Outstanding top ten shave 💯 😎

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20221005_083643.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, ACtober 7th, Friday, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Excalibur with a Yaqi 316 SS polished handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, interesting clamping design, fairly accurate blade alignment on this this model, affordable + I always get a close enjoyable shave with the Yaqi Excalibur razor head.
Blade : Schick p30 AC Proline 50mm, sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity for any AC blade I have used.
Soap : Tabac, different mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Excellent post shave feel with this soap also.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, firm pillow soft tips, excellent scrubber, good lather painter. This brush was designed for those fellow who love the scrub, shorter loft + dense packed with soft tips = best scrub brush in my harem of different brushes. It is just a different face feel that is not like my boar brushes, I bought it on sale and still enjoy it once in a while and glade I purchased it.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick AC proline blade. Very enjoyable shave this morning!
SOTD October 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale 🇮🇹
Blade: German Bolzano (1) Honorary 🇮🇹
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
20221007_131202~2.jpg

Used the Fatip Slant for my first two passes (WTG & ATG) and the Blackland Razors Vector SB for the final two (XTG & Touchup). :cool:

Superb shave, top tier results! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11958584

Last edited:
10_09 sotd.jpg

First outing with the Supply SE and a new Supply Black Label blade. Suds provided by Canada Shaving soap and application of lather by SynBad in Aurora Borealis handle.

A heavy razor! From the website it is 92 grams, and the Asylum is 99 grams. I thought it was heavy.

The angle was easy to find, but I had to keep finding it. Most likely this is just me adjusting to a new razor after a week with the Super Speed and Overlander. Very very comfortable shave. I tended to overshave a couple of spots as it sounded loud like more cutting needed to be done and didn't get any irritation! That please me no end.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom