What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Blackland Vector + Schick Prolines
IMG_20210702_222716-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, July 4th 2021, Happy Independence Day. Well I have tinkered with the Kai Protouch with my Schick M3 adjustable a few months ago with a spent Protouch(8 shaves) and it was a good shave even then. Well Yesterday had my first shave with a AC 50mm Kai Protouch(3) in my Yaqi 50mm Excalibur a couple of days ago(Friday) and was very impressed so I altered that blade for my Canadian variant G1 Hybrid(make sure to stone any burrs from cutting blade). Well the results were very impressive with a much sharper blade then with the previous experiment. I even applied a little pressure that is a no no usually, but with my experience level good with my Schick injectors I knew there was hardly a chance of a nick with the way it felt + was performing well. Thought I would share this little experiment that worked so well, one of my smoothest BBs shaves with my Schick Canadian G1 variant. Another blade alternative for some Schick:001_wub: injector owner's who like to tinker a little?
Razor: Schick Canadian variant G1 Hybrid- Mfg 1940's-50s NDCodes, excellent light weight mid range, very enjoyable razor.
Blade: Kai Protouch altered (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Favorite blade in the 50mm so far.
Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle :001_wub:, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Schick injector G1 Canadian variant with a altered Kai Protouch blade.

Schick collage with a altered Kai Protouch.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G8 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sunday Schick Shave, July 4th 2021, Happy Independence Day. Well I have tinkered with the Kai Protouch with my Schick M3 adjustable a few months ago with a spent Protouch(8 shaves) and it was a good shave even then. Well Yesterday had my first shave with a AC 50mm Kai Protouch(3) in my Yaqi 50mm Excalibur a couple of days ago(Friday) and was very impressed so I altered that blade for my Canadian variant G1 Hybrid(make sure to stone any burrs from cutting blade). Well the results were very impressive with a much sharper blade then with the previous experiment. I even applied a little pressure that is a no no usually, but with my experience level good with my Schick injectors I knew there was hardly a chance of a nick with the way it felt + was performing well. Thought I would share this little experiment that worked so well, one of my smoothest BBs shaves with my Schick Canadian G1 variant. Another blade alternative for some Schick:001_wub: injector owner's who like to tinker a little?
Razor: Schick Canadian variant G1 Hybrid- Mfg 1940's-50s NDCodes, excellent light weight mid range, very enjoyable razor.
Blade: Kai Protouch altered (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Favorite blade in the 50mm so far.
Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle :001_wub:, excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Schick injector G1 Canadian variant with a altered Kai Protouch blade.

Schick collage with a altered Kai Protouch.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Interesting idea! Did you load the blade manually or use an injector?

Top Bottom