What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Sun 31st January

Occams Oren-3dot & Feather Proguard [ 6 ]

IMG_1310.jpg

20200606_081643.jpg

Razor: Schick A1 Magazine Repeating razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Jan 31st 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- excellent Schick injector razor, still mid range in the 2-3 adjustment range.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth and inexpensive, great longevity.
Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood- great soap, different Sandal wood scent than other's, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm- If a person likes big knots that have heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scub & excellent lather painter and has a awesome handle this one might be worth it IMO. One of my favorite 26mm synthetics.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 + a Personna injector blade (6).

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 31st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Double-wash with Mysore Sandalwood soap and hot compresses; olive oil prep (Costco virgin); the Vector with Feather Professional blade, with TOBS Sandalwood, using WCS synthetic brush (at age 77, I have thrown-out all of my badgers -- because of their inherent and unnecessary animal cruelty); shower with C & M Tricorn soap; followed by Vaseline Intensive Care diluted with witch hazel; Old Spice Classic Deodorant to the arm pits -- and, all topped-off with a spray of Hermes D' Orange Vert -- although I seldom use cologne.

Mon 1st SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 10th Use!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Super nice lather from the soap! A unique scent, thickly creamy and slick too!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, smooth, and comfortable enough for 3passes without any issues for a DFS to CCF result. Excellent aftershaves. Enjoyable SE session. Rating 9.5/10
20210201_083247.jpg

MICROMATIC Monday!! GEM MMOC / CVS Blade (3) / Barrister and Mann Seville / Vintage Ever-Ready Badger/Boar / Clubman Pinaud Splash. Revisiting the MMOC--I've always gotten close shaves with it, but always had a lot of post shave blade feel. Today, with extra concentration on angle and no pressure I had a CCCS/DFS so much so that I went for a third pass bordering on BBS. I have some GEM PTFE blades coming in the mail, so I'll be able to compare them to the carbons to see what the fuss is about...
GEM OCMM.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Peerless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20200621_094135.jpg

Top Bottom