What's new

SE problems solved. Micromatic the answer.

"ahhh, i still cannot believe I got my OCMM free from another member! I just have nothing but praise for this razor, it doesnt play any games, it just works!!! Im quickly falling out of love with my EJ89 and my Mergress...."

The OCMM is at an entirely different end of the spectrum than the EJ89.

The Open Comb MM is a often misunderstood razor, however, it can reward those that take the time and interest to learn to use it properly. If you are a person who enjoys an aggressive shaving tool then the OCMM might be for you.

I remember my first shave with one, it had such a fearsome reputation, it felt like the equivalent of a "white knuckle" ride in a fast sports car. In the end this razor should not be feared but respected, I have noticed that recently it is gaining a small but loyal fan base.

DD

Been shaving with the MM Clog Pruf this past week, after spending a few weeks with a 1912 Damaskeene.

I am really looking forward to the MMOC. :001_cool:

Its interesting how much people like the MMOC an how many want to give it a try. Just remember folks, It's a very aggressive razor. I jumped around from one SE to another and the MMOC gave me the best shave.

Not the easiest shave, you really have to watch it. It'll jump up and bite ya.
But it's a very close shave. If you can master it, a great shave is your reward.

Had my first shave with the Micromatic OC last nigt. Yes, it was more aggressive than the 1912, but in a good way. I liked it because it was very obvious when the angle was right: you heard it and felt it immediately. It was a bloodless and irritation-free shave with a PAL carbon steel blade. Count me squarely in the pro-MMOC camp. In fact, this could be the RAD-killer for me.

Also, I experienced deja vu. As soon as I held this razor, I knew that I'd used one like it before. My father gave me one of these when I first tried wet shaving in the late '60s or early '70s. So it wasn't just a great shave, it was a stroll down memory lane as well.

Top Bottom