What's new

Scope Adjustment Preferences, Mils vs. MOA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

The Vortex Viper Gen II comes in at a whopping 22.7 ounces. While she ain't the biggest girl at the dance, look at all the goodies on the one in the above link coming in at 18.8 ounces. This would let me look for a lightweight quick detach and give me somewhere around a whopping 5 ounce limit to shop around in!

I'm stoked! :)

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Too heavy. :)

This one is 5 ounces, but I can't believe a $34 mount would scream quality.

This one is only 4 ounces with a more realistic price. :)

If you like that GG&G watch Brownells for it to come back in stock! Let your ol' buddy Chris know and I will help! I ran an app I have on my computer and I scored a $40.00 discount so it dropped to $173.99 plus I have an EDGE account so I can get you free 2nd day air!

OkieStubble

If you like that GG&G watch Brownells for it to come back in stock! Let your ol' buddy Chris know and I will help! I ran an app I have on my computer and I scored a $40.00 discount so it dropped to $173.99 plus I have an EDGE account so I can get you free 2nd day air!

You had me at hello... :c18:

:)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Your Shepherd is only 18.7? For the HD one?
The BRS FFP scope is 24.8 oz., but I have the cheaper Rugged, which is 18.7 oz.
Edit: Actually the Shepherd website claims HD glass!

Rugged 1-8×24 | Shepherd Scopes

I wonder if my wife would forgo getting me a card and heart candy for valentine's day and get me this? :)
You need that!

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The reticle is illuminated, you can switch from red to green, so far I prefer red. It is SFP, which I'm fine with, I want the circle to be full size on 1 x , which it wouldn't be if FFP, don't really need to range on low power. I don't know if the batteries are short lived or if it is too easy to leave it on a low NV setting without knowing it and it runs down.

OkieStubble

Seems like there are tons of good options out there!

My goal was to get tactical scoped with a lightweight mount, keeping the whole kit at or under 24 ounces and around or under $1000. If I get the Shepherd scope that would allow me to get the quick detach Scalarworks mount and stay around that $1000. That Leap mount is the shiznit. Hard to find a quick detach and still be at 5 ounces. Once this happens, I'll get an offset mount from T-Rex Arms and throw my Delta Point Pro on top of it and call it good. :)

Top Bottom