What's new

Schick type E

Yeah DC, I can dig it...That O is a temptress...but it never hurts to take your time with a decision like this one...And you are getting those great shaves from your Gillette Injector.
I see there are some "Golden 500's" represented here...beautiful classics...lets see some pics...Those J-Types with the Hydro Magic make great Fold-Outs...Slim and Svelt...quite the little shave vixens...:)) And Drews as great as you E type is. That J will give you a much cooler and gentler shave when you want a little lower impact shave but still super close...Thats a great combo you got there...
And Doug, I always thought the Bb L-1's were great shavers...When I was doing alot of touring with bands and losing alot of stuff I was always picking up L's and they all were consistantly excellent...at that time you could easily find them at all the Drug Stores. Never thought they would become an endangered species...:)
Someone singin' the praises for the heavier DE's...and I love mine, I have a 52 SS and a 65 Slim, that Just the weight of the razor surely does a fine job no matter what the setting, with a sharp blade...But as I said right now I'm on an Eversharp Binge...It just races around my face with reckless abandon boarding on carelessness. Buffing, sliding, J-hooking...Looking like a chase scene from a James Bond movie. But the results are irritation free, smooth, clean and close...Like the old Eversharp Ad says..."So easy its almost effortless"...:))
And Tom, whats you got...I saw that beautiful set of boxed Schicks I and I2. Hope you don't mind, I pulled a copy of that beautiful picture of UR I Type sisters and put it in a folder I have of the better pics I've seen of I types. I think they are one of mans greatest artistic acheivments along with the Sistine Chaple the Aston-Martin DB7..and a chorus by Charlie Parker...:))..but I know you have an E, whatelse R you holding out on us ?..:))

Last edited:
I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. I really never should have thrown away my L-1, it was a good shaver.

The I1 with the gold head and ivory handle was the first razor I purchased and gave me a much better shave than any DE I had/have tried. Injectors have given me the best shaves of my life and their blades were/are outstanding and they are the most user friendly safety razors I have used.

I know man...I was leaving them at friends houses where I'd spend the night...and just pick-up another..If I knew then what I know now...But they all shaved the same...all the Schicks seem to be very consistant within their type traits...And so far I haven't met one I didn't like...:)

the i1 with the gold head and ivory handle was the first razor i purchased and gave me a much better shave than any de i had/have tried. Injectors have given me the best shaves of my life and their blades were/are outstanding and they are the most user friendly safety razors i have used.
amen

Hey Be-Bop, just dropped in to check out this thread of Injector aficionados.
I only have the Shick E3 and I use it every now and then. I'm not sure where to find injector blades for it. It seems that they aren't in the drug stores or such. Any suggestions as to where to look locally for them.
Thanks, great thread! :thumbup1:

HeY Bruce!, try this link. I buy here too. Very reasonable, great blades ,really smooth. get the PTFE coated. They will charge shipping after your order goes in.I think it's 11 blades per dispenser. They even called me about the shipment. Said they ship alot of injector blades to guys on here.http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/preparation/blades.aspx I have a few g's & e's in very good shape lying around here if you need one. Let me know! I have a couple of PAL adjustables too. I find them a little on the aggressive side even on low. Got 1 I'll depart with. I'm trying to educate myself on the differences , it's really hard, not like the DE"s.

Derrell:thumbup1:

Hey Be-Bop, just dropped in to check out this thread of Injector aficionados.
I only have the Shick E3 and I use it every now and then. I'm not sure where to find injector blades for it. It seems that they aren't in the drug stores or such. Any suggestions as to where to look locally for them.
Thanks, great thread! :thumbup1:
www.emsdiasum.com ..find the coated injector blades for vibro-slicers...They come 20 to an injector and are made by Personna...and if you call and they are in stock, you get them in a few days...Also Ted Pella has the same blades, but are more expensive for delievery...These all come in those hard to deal with plastic injectors but I've found once you find the right moves they are no proplem...with my razor I just insert the key and left the back of the injector a touch to get it started and it racks a new blade very easily...
Opps sorry DC, you were so on-top of it and to the rescue...:) Way to go...Very Hip and generous aswell..

Last edited:
. . .I also picked up this jewel last week. The last Schick manufactered. The "O" type. If you saw it on the bay, yes it was me who bought it. I really want to open up the package and try it out. I am very tempted. :thumbup1:

Go for it is my advice. I was fortunate enough to pick up one of these myself last year from another B&B member. I had a WTB thread, he made an offer, I did not haggle. It was unopened, but there was never any possibility that it would stay that way.

Great shaver, particularly with the twin blades that came with it, although it's good with the regular single blades too. Some people have dismissed those twins as a gimmick, but I like them in the L, N, and O Schicks, I think they add a little something to the milder injectors, and I bought some more, when I could find them at half way reasonable prices.

Last edited:
HeY Bruce!, try this link. I buy here too. Very reasonable, great blades ,really smooth. get the PTFE coated. They will charge shipping after your order goes in.I think it's 11 blades per dispenser. They even called me about the shipment. Said they ship alot of injector blades to guys on here.http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/preparation/blades.aspx I have a few g's & e's in very good shape lying around here if you need one. Let me know! I have a couple of PAL adjustables too. I find them a little on the aggressive side even on low. Got 1 I'll depart with. I'm trying to educate myself on the differences , it's really hard, not like the DE"s.

Derrell:thumbup1:

www.emsdiasum.com ..find the coated injector blades for vibro-slicers...They come 20 to an injector and are made by Personna...and if you call and they are in stock, you get them in a few days...Also Ted Pella has the same blades, but are more expensive for delievery...These all come in those hard to deal with plastic injectors but I've found once you find the right moves they are no proplem...with my razor I just insert the key and left the back of the injector a touch to get it started and it racks a new blade very easily...
Opps sorry DC, you were so on-top of it and to the rescue...:) Way to go...Very Hip and generous aswell..

Thanks Guys! I will give that link a buzz and see if I can pick up some blades. I only have the NOS Shick blades in the black metal dispenser and I really wanted to hold on to it. With the new blades I can use the Schick razor and the new blades. Every time I have used the Injector razor it has performed outstandingly and provided a very close and comfortable shave. I appreciate the help and will keep an eye on this thread. Take care guys! :thumbup:

DClassic & Be-Bop, Just ordered some of those EMS blades. Thanks guys, I'll be cruisin with the new blades real soon. :001_cool:

My Dad Bought an I2 when they first made the scene in '55 along with a H type fashion razor for Mom...She never dug hers, but Dad loved the Eversharp. He'd been using injectors all his shaving life. That was the object of my fascination when I was like 4. And most boys are fascinated by Dad's razor but man that one had the Gold head and the Hydro-Magic lever that when you threw it everything moved on the head, and wow...what kid in the '50's wouldn't be fascinated with it ? When my Dad caught me holding it and diggin' it, he knew the gravity of the situation. He took the blade out, showed me how it worked. Let me play with it for a minute. Then gave me a toy DE razor with a card-board blade (wish I still had that). Lathered me up and let me shave beside him from time to time.
Jump 11 or 12 years later when it was time for me to start shaving...Late 60's I picked up a new Super-Speed, and was excited about joining the shaving community. Dad checked out my new aquisition, he shook it and it rattled like a maraca...He wished me luck and said he would have a hard time putting a razor blade in anything that rattled like that and then putting it on his face and laughed. This kind-of took the wind out of my sails for a second. And then he asked me if I wanted that I2 of his...It was packed away and looked like new...I said WOULD I !! And I learned on that and shaved with it for many years til it literally fell a part. That was in the early 80's. Didn't see another one til a friend of mine on another forum gave me one this pass Xmas. Couldn't believe it...And it looks like new and shaves like crazy...I can't put it down...And its like rebonding with my Pop whenever I see or use it...A razor can be like a time-machine...Great hobby we have here...

Yeah Lloyd, I remember when you got that I2 and you went bonkers when you first used it. You were HOOKED and back to the Injector style shaving from then on. Lots of memories that come rushing back when you connect with a link to the past. (and especially with your Dad) It's really great that we can get these vintage razors and re-live those great moments in our young lives. :thumbup1:

And Tom, whats you got...I saw that beautiful set of boxed Schicks I and I2. Hope you don't mind, I pulled a copy of that beautiful picture of UR I Type sisters and put it in a folder I have of the better pics I've seen of I types. I think they are one of mans greatest artistic acheivments along with the Sistine Chaple the Aston-Martin DB7..and a chorus by Charlie Parker...:))..but I know you have an E, whatelse R you holding out on us ?..:))

Here's my meager collection of injectors, and no I don't mind one bit that you saved the photo.

proxy.php

WOW Tom, you got a regular Chorus Line...theres some real lookers there...I don't think I've ever seen one like the one between the J types and the Schick Stick...is that an E or a G? and is it some kind of special edition? I've never seen a handle quite like it...they're all beautiful congratulations...I've also always dug that G8 on the top row 2nd from the right...Fell in love with one of those my uncle had when I was a kid...Many years later in the 80's I asked him what ever happened to it. He said he consistantly got the best shaves from that razor than any razor he ever had. And he gave it to his son, who promptly lossed it while moving...:(( You can tell us...Which ones are UR favs and why??

Yeah Bruce, you're right...Theres something about this hobby and rediscovering an old scent, soap, razor...It really takes you back big-time...It's really a great bonus to this hobby that already enriches our quality of life by giving us such great shaves anyway...This TWS thing is a many faceted diamond of sorts...:)
And looking forward to how you dig the new blades...expect a report...:)

Last edited:
I wasn't sure about posting this, particularly as there was one more E type that I'd forgotten to take out of the box for the picture. It might be thought that I've over-indulged slightly.

proxy.php

The strange object second from right in the top row is an H1. If you don't have one, don't bother, but it does round out the series.

Drews I believe thats the elusive Type F...but I should demure to Slivovitch for the confirmation or someone who has actually held one...:)

Slivovitch has quite the collection...my hats off to you sir...its great to have people here with so much practicle experiance...any proplems that might arise, the answers are probably a PM away...:) That H1 is the Fashion razor My Dad bought for Mom the same night he got his I2. Only she didn't dig it and he loved is...Unfortunatly, she dug his too, so from time to time he would take a stroke of skin off finding out that Mom had borrowed his razor and forgot to tell him...LOL

Man it happened again...the right guy answered a question while I was typing...LOL...actually typing and googleing to try and have a clue...

Last edited:
Top Bottom