What's new

Schick type E

That's awesome. It appears to be an exact replica of the original Schick handle, he must have had some serious woodworking skills.

With the proper tools it wouldn't be too hard, even back in the day it would have been relatively easy

then again I'm a carpenter and I work with wood working tools on a regular basis

That wooden-handled Schick is definitely a keeper, a piece of family history to be passed down as you teach your kids/grandkids the fine art of wetshaving! :thumbup1:

Yes, that is the one. It's a good little shaver. My brother told me that he had made the handle and passed it on to him. But he uses cartridges and goo when he shaves and passed on to me last year when I asked about a Gillette Tech. The Gillette Tech must have been lost since his passing. I would like to have got my hands on that, but I am tickled to have the Schick E. That he made the handle is a plus.

Oh, the Schick is an E3 as far as I can tell.

Very cool. Like a surfboard put some wax on that to keep it preserved.

I am glad somebody dug up this old thread. Such a good read with lots of good info. I had a pristene G type but yearned for the E type. I finally found one in its box with original blade injector.

I just absolutly adore this thing. It isnt aggressive, its EFFECTIVE. I dont know if I can add anything more to this discussion that hasnt already been said before. I wanted to start a new thread about the E types but am glad this original one popped back up. But I will say this.......

THE MYTHICAL MAGIC POWERS OF THE E TYPE!

If you havent tried one, you really need to.

Last edited:
Posted this elsewhere, but I just found this thread. Had my first shave with my E2 yesterday and I was amazed! Probably my best shave in my life. Near BBS on my neck, something I haven't been able to do before.

I have 2 E3 Canadian schicks. I shaved with one yesterday and got a great shave. BBS and AGAIG.
$uploadfromtaptalk1405095742467.jpg

I had my 5th shave with my E2 today, using the same blade. I'm loving this razor more and more. What a great shave! Much closer than my DE razors. I just might have to retire my DEs, LOL!

I started today's shave with my GEM Lathercatcher with a GEM SS blade, but the blade felt loose and rough. I put down the GEM and pulled the E3. This is my 7th shave with the Chick blade and it is still sharp and smooth. The Schick gave me a very comfortable BBS shave, and made for a wonderful Single Edge Sunday Shave.

Top Bottom