What's new

Schick injector--which one first?

I was thinking of trying an injector, but not knowing anything about them I have no idea where to start. Are there ones, just like Gillette DE's and GEM SE's, that are "better" to start with? Any suggestions would be great :001_smile

My first, and favorite, injector was an E3. I've also got a white-handled J1 and an adjustable, which also give me fantastic, nearly effortless, shaves. No matter which one you get, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you want to splurge, go for an adjustable, if you're on a budget, the bakelite-handled injectors (like my E3) tend to be very reasonably priced on eBay.

I've tried only J1 and it's fantastic shaver, it's very mild, but still delivers very close shaves with absolutely no chance of getting razor burn or irritation.

I have several, an E1, a J-1 a 500, an N and an M. After I clean them up a bit, I believe that all except for the J-1 and the 500 will be leaving me along with some Gems.

I leaned to shave on an L and now regularly use my Father's J-1. You really can't go wrong with a J, L, M or N.

Last edited:
Blooze,

The 'J' and later (e.g. 'L' & 'M') Schicks are generally deemed to be 'less agrressive' than the earlier 'E' & 'G' models.

I have an E2, G6 & M2 and all (for me) shave superbly :smile:

I use the Ted Pella blades, and for me, they are excellent.

Good luck !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

I have a G model and an adjustable. I've been useing the adjustable set on 3 1/2 for the last 3 weeks and getting great shaves. Useing Schick blades from Hocks.com

I have several models but rely on the Type I Hydro-Magic. The weight, length, and the handy blade rinse feature make it a well rounded razor.

The adjustable comes in close, though the handle is a bit longer than I like. J and other M types are good. They're all great!!:thumbup:

I was thinking of trying an injector, but not knowing anything about them I have no idea where to start. Are there ones, just like Gillette DE's and GEM SE's, that are "better" to start with? Any suggestions would be great :001_smile

Which injector razor to start with is sort of dependent on what kind of razor you normally use.

If you are accustomed to cart razors then you’d probably be better off starting with one of the long-handled, milder injector razors like the J, L, M, or N. The M model is even adjustable.

These would be the ones that would be the easiest for you to transition from cart razor to injector with.

If you are already using a DE regularly and have good technique then maybe the shorter and more aggressive injectors like the E or G would be better. They would feel a little more like what you are used to.

The stubby little I models that many of us like sort of split the difference between these two loosely defined groups.

All of them will give you a very good shave. I think you will like them.

Let us know of your progress.

Top Bottom