What's new

Schick Injector Twin?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Schick-Inje...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item35a5d0d8ee

Two BIN NOS available but wow that's expensive.

Any comments on what I should look for when buying an injector razor? Also is that thing actually made to take two blades at once? o_O

I've got all kinds of razors but I want a decent injector in my cabinet.

That is the standard L type injector. SHick made twin injector blades for a little while.I'm not positive the twin blades work in other injector models than the L type, but I would assume they do.

You should be able to pick up an injector for anywhere from 12-25 dollars for a standard non-adjustable injector. The older smaller handled ones are said to be a bit more aggressive than the later models like the J, L, M, N types.

That is the standard L type injector. SHick made twin injector blades for a little while.I'm not positive the twin blades work in other injector models than the L type, but I would assume they do.

Correct that is a standard L type injector. The price is high, because it is sealed NOS. You can find many very nice Injectors in the $20 range.

The Twin Injector blades consist of two thinner blades, stacked one on top of the other, and held together with some kind of glue. It was an attempt for Schick to compete with the then new Gillette Trac II. Schick even sold double bladed DE blades for a time in the early 1970's.

I think this is a novelty at best, and not in any way superior to shaving with a single edged standard injector blade.

The standard Typle L injector pictured will also accept standard Single Edge Injector blades.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm still looking for the Schick Injectors with 5 blades.
I hear they are great because "one blade lifts, while another cuts" (although I'm not sure what the other three do).

Top Bottom