Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coriolan by Guerlain
proxy.php

I am bidding on some AS right now!

Nice, Mark! did you win it?...

I sure did! Thanks for asking! :biggrin1:

Coriolan reminds me a lot of another favorite of mine; Insense by Givenchy. However, Coriolan is a little more complex...

La Via del Profumo - Sea Wood

Vetiver, patchouli, frankincense, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, ambergris & god knows what else. I'm wearing the "shaikh's perfume" version, which I'm fairly certain is 100% strength (and 100% natural).

This is a very unusual fragrance. Uplifting, spicy & cool. The ginger & clove give it that cool, vapory quality while the vetiver/patchouli/frankincense accord keeps it firmly grounded. You can tell there's a lot of thought & intention behind this blend, and I'm loving it. :thumbup1:

Worked from home this morning, so I went with Oriscent's Chinese Exclusive. Many claim that this is a barnyard bonanza, but not so much to my nose. Makes me wonder whether I received a mislabeled sample because it smells more Borneo than India to me. After my mid-day exercise, the oud scent was still quite present. I didn't want to wash it off, but did want to augment it with something else for the afternoon. Ultimately I decided on a newly received sample of Czech & Speake Vetiver Vert, which doesn't seem to have any vetiver in it. For me the Vetiver Vert is a greenish incense, and it layered pretty well with that remaining oud base.

Genie de Bois
by Keiko Mecheri

violet, benzoin, ambrette

Really? I get myrrh. A very linear slightly sweet root beer smell that has lasted all day long. Occasionally I think I smell good but it's nothing that really moves me. Apparently this has been reformulated with the new bottles and the current notes are violet, cedar, and exotic woods. Either way, it smells like root beer to me.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom