What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Irish Tweed
by Creed

lemon, verbena; iris, violets; mysore sandalwood, ambergris

It's been a while since I've worn this and I just picked up a backup bottle so I thought I should wear it again. Besides, it's the only perfume that my wife has complimented me on, which I find shocking since for the first time I thought this leaned more towards feminine than masculine. And my wife said Egoiste Concentree was "girly"! I remember when this smelled only like verbena to me, and maybe a bit of ambergris, that famous basenote accord from Creed. But I'm pleased to say that this time I've picked out every note except the sandalwood (and mysore at that - questionable). The violets in this are key and really pair well with the verbena. The iris is subtle but present, keeping this just inside the manly territory, but I gotta say that there is no doubt in my mind that if you put this in a pink bottle not only would men not wear it but women would probably triple its sales. It's a floral, folks! A floral oriental, technically, but it's still a floral. Wear it again and tell me if you don't get bright green violets (which is a funny thing to say) and ambergris. But I love it, always have. GIT just gets better and better as it dries down, perhaps because that delicate touch of (mysore?) sandalwood is peeking through and perhaps because the brightness of the violets is beginning to dull a little, I don't know, but it eventually settles in like a good linen jacket, which was perhaps crisp and a touch stiff at first but through a day's wearing has creased here and there and really shaped up.

proxy.php

What Chandos said re GIT. I think it is that good, too.

Today, eLdO Rien. I am blown away! Birch tar and lots of good stuff. Seems linear. Wow.

YS Uzac
proxy.php

Pohadka​

Tobacco and Hay! It is actually made up of shiso leaves, jasmine, sweet vernal grass, davana, labdanum, vanilla, imoortelle, liatrix, sage, leather and blond tobacco, but I get tobacco and hay. This is marketed as a feminine, but I am definitely comfortable with it so far. Let's see if it continues to impress on the wearing!

Oriscent - Kyara Koutan

A sunny, cool, glorious late Spring morning in Manhattan. My walk to work through Central Park was accompanied by scents of new-mown grass, cedar shavings, earth & florals, all of which were further accompanied by the sounds of birdsong and barking dogs, and by the sweet, smoky woodiness of this particular oud.

I'm in a very good mood right now. :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom