What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOUD LEATHER

proxy.php

M O N T A L E

Penhaligon's Lavandula

Yes! I like this a lot. I love lavender and this does a good job of focusing on lavender notes and yet being slightly different from main stream lavender centered fragrances. The opening is very floral and it becomes herbal as it develops, but there is an obvious musk note in the background that is very nice, slightly sweet, and a touch feminine. I'm also getting a faint touch of incense, two note that are made for each other (try Tauer's Reverie au Jardin). The feminine aspect of this fragrance is what most interests me, though, because in my experience lavender is more of a masculine note being used prominently in fougeres. Not that it can't and hasn't been used by women, but I've always thought of it as Western man's flower (as opposed to the rose in the Middle East). Sillage is moderate at best, unfortunately, but I really like this one from Pen's.

proxy.php

Penhaligon's Lavandula

Yes! I like this a lot. I love lavender and this does a good job of focusing on lavender notes and yet being slightly different from main stream lavender centered fragrances. The opening is very floral and it becomes herbal as it develops, but there is an obvious musk note in the background that is very nice, slightly sweet, and a touch feminine. I'm also getting a faint touch of incense, two note that are made for each other (try Tauer's Reverie au Jardin). The feminine aspect of this fragrance is what most interests me, though, because in my experience lavender is more of a masculine note being used prominently in fougeres. Not that it can't and hasn't been used by women, but I've always thought of it as Western man's flower (as opposed to the rose in the Middle East). Sillage is moderate at best, unfortunately, but I really like this one from Pen's.

proxy.php

Definitely an underappreciated lavender frag. I think it gets ignored due to it's relatively high price in the lavender world. It's pretty dang good, but at the price you could buy a lifetime supply of Caron PuH (seriously you can fond 25 oz bottles of that stuff for like 75 bucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom