What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pen's "Sartorial"--have been wearing it for days and like it better everyday. It may become my default go to businesswear scent when I am not drawn to anything else in particular. A slot once held by Dunhill 1934 and is now held by Guerlain Vet of any vintage.

I really like it, Randy. It is very similar to Caron Pour Un Homme, but not as smooth. I only have samples of them, but I could see myself owning both and wearing them based on my mood.

Thanks! I have a sample of A Taste of Heaven, and will have to compare it to the Caron.

Thanks! I have a sample of A Taste of Heaven, and will have to compare it to the Caron.

You're welcome. Always happy to talk fragrances. I wouldn't have heard about it except I was talking to a female friend who is very knowledgeable about fragrances. I told her I liked PuH and she told me I "had to try" A Taste Of Heaven. I'm glad I took her advice.

Eau d'Italie - Magnolia Romana. My go to when the temperature hits triple digits. And I'm in Virginia at the moment so it's doubly appropriate!

I'm wondering if you've tried Penhaligon's Gardenia? If not, I'd strongly recommend giving it a sample; it has a lovely natural gardenia vibe, with a sandalwood undercurrent.

Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale

This is one of those frags that sits back all winter and waits for the warm weather to kick it. It has to wait for spring to give in to the oppressive weight of summer's heat and humidity, too. When it's finally hot and thick out, I love a few good sprays. It's one of the truest gardenia scents I've found and although it's a tad sweet, that should be expected for something that mimics a flower. Gardenias, magnolias, and honeysuckle are some of my favorite floral scents that bring back lots of memories of growing up in the South. So much so that I've planted gardenia bushes under key windows in my house and on pleasant days will open the windows to fill the house with their smell. They bloom in the spring, however, and by summer they are gone. Hence, Gardenia Grand Soir, one of the things I look forward to most in the summer. GGS is very green, slightly fruity, and fairly linear - just perfect!

I'm taking this image from Perfume Smelling things because other than an outright image of a gardenia, this is spot on:

proxy.php

It bears pointing out that it's still (barely) Winter in my part of the world...

Attachments

• $web_RichardTheLionheart.jpg
    $web_RichardTheLionheart.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 69
I'm wondering if you've tried Penhaligon's Gardenia? If not, I'd strongly recommend giving it a sample; it has a lovely natural gardenia vibe, with a sandalwood undercurrent.

+1. My girlfriend's one and only bottle of perfume. Gardenia and tuberose, with a moderate dose of those great, juicy, fruity notes that tend to come up in gardenia fragrances. Really fine.

I have not tried Penhaligon's Gardenia but a match of gardenia and sandalwood sounds very nice indeed! I'd like also to sample their Orange Blossom (or Fleur d'Orange). I'm currently working through some samples from Pen's but I haven't either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom