What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Caron Yatagan

I do hope you are in Amherst pulling that off. I just don't see it being feasible for Austin this time of year! Unless you are into chokers, of course...

I do hope you are in Amherst pulling that off. I just don't see it being feasible for Austin this time of year! Unless you are into chokers, of course...

Nope, still Austin! Though Amherst wasn't really much cooler today what with that heat wave they have up in the Nor'east. Anyhow, I quite like Yatagan in hot weather. I just hold back on the throttle a bit when applying.

I think the very angular, dry, scorched character of the scent goes well with heat. I think of Yatagan as a spice cabinet Lutens-style oriental with the amber yanked out and a leather note dropped in its place, and I find that quite amenable to hot-weather wear. Probably better in the winter, but not bad at all for the summer.

Jovan Musk. Wife is away for a couple of days. Only time I can wear this.

Really? Jovan Musk is so... unobtrusive. I can't imagine someone hating it.

Not wearing cologne today. Because of a sunburn I'm covered in Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Lotion. This stuff smells like cat urine, but it works very well. I wish they would change the scent.

Last edited:
Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale

This is one of those frags that sits back all winter and waits for the warm weather to kick it. It has to wait for spring to give in to the oppressive weight of summer's heat and humidity, too. When it's finally hot and thick out, I love a few good sprays. It's one of the truest gardenia scents I've found and although it's a tad sweet, that should be expected for something that mimics a flower. Gardenias, magnolias, and honeysuckle are some of my favorite floral scents that bring back lots of memories of growing up in the South. So much so that I've planted gardenia bushes under key windows in my house and on pleasant days will open the windows to fill the house with their smell. They bloom in the spring, however, and by summer they are gone. Hence, Gardenia Grand Soir, one of the things I look forward to most in the summer. GGS is very green, slightly fruity, and fairly linear - just perfect!

I'm taking this image from Perfume Smelling things because other than an outright image of a gardenia, this is spot on:

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom