What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day~ 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Labo Vetiver 46

proxy.php

Editions de Parfums Vetiver Extraordinaire for me today. My 8 y/o son took a sniff of my wrist after I applied it.

"Mmm...grassy!" he said.

Smart kid. :001_cool:

Cool. What are your thoughts on it? I like Le Labo, except for their horrible Oud, but find the frags a little soulless.

I really enjoy wearing the Rose 31. It's not terribly rose-y, and has a nice earthiness, which I really like. It's interesting to me that you mention soulless. I've indeed felt that something was lacking in it. I'm not sure what, though. This is the only Le Labo I've tried, so I haven't experienced what the others are like.

Le Labo Vetiver 46

proxy.php

How is the Le Labo's version of Vetiver? It's some pricey juice and choices I made in the sampler were horrible except for the Rose:thumbup1:

I really enjoy wearing the Rose 31. It's not terribly rose-y, and has a nice earthiness, which I really like. It's interesting to me that you mention soulless. I've indeed felt that something was lacking in it. I'm not sure what, though. This is the only Le Labo I've tried, so I haven't experienced what the others are like.

I love the Le Labo Rose. When you mention "lacking" the first thing that came to mind was actual rose sweetness. Which wasn't bad but not what I was expecting. If they would have slapped a Vetiver label I would have said "I love this Vetiver":lol:Still a great item.

Hermes Hermessence Ambre Ambre Narguilé
proxy.php

Amber honey with swirls of smoke from the East. Savory, sensual, enveloping.

"Amber, the Western expression of Eastern fragrances, has a warm, enveloping, almost carnal smell. I wanted to imbue this idea of amber with the memory of the East I love where tobacco, blended with the smells of fruit, honey and spices, is smoked in narguilés, or water pipes, and where swirls of smoke diffuse a sweet sense of intoxication."
Jean-Claude Ellena

Sounds right to me, Jean-Claude. Arguably girly, but to me the smoke and amber save it from being solely feminine. Intoxicating is right!

Also, Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier "Baime" on my left wrist and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier "Parfum d´Habit" on my right! Sort of test of the day. I think my brain is gong to explode.

How is the Le Labo's version of Vetiver? It's some pricey juice and choices I made in the sampler were horrible except for the Rose:thumbup1:

I love the Le Labo Rose. When you mention "lacking" the first thing that came to mind was actual rose sweetness. Which wasn't bad but not what I was expecting. If they would have slapped a Vetiver label I would have said "I love this Vetiver":lol:Still a great item.

Good to hear there is some rose in it. My limited experience with Le Labo is that the frag's name is a misdirection...Vetiver 46 has very little discernable vetiver.

Great frag!

Editions de Parfums Vetiver Extraordinaire for me today. My 8 y/o son took a sniff of my wrist after I applied it.

"Mmm...grassy!" he said.

Smart kid. :001_cool:

I'm currently nursing the last few drops from a sample of this. I'm going to have to pony up for a full bottle when I finish the sample. One of my favorites.

I'm wearing Clubman Special Reserve today.

Eucris. I had a sample and was curious. I used alum today but have to wonder what AS to pair with this. I doubt I'd try it in summer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom