What's new

Scarring

Hi Gents,

Had another shave last night with the new blade, before giving up and waiting for my hone to arrive!

However I did slip and ended up with a little cut, a half inch thin line, where I guess the razor digged in a little.

Wow you really dont feel it do you? I only knew thanks to the blood!

Anyway its fine, and stopped as soon as I rubbed my Alum block over it, however inspecting the little line after in the mirror got me thinking about scars!

I really like my pretty(ish) LOL ! face and dont want to end up with a ton of scars all over me, so What Im asking is will this new shaving with a cut throat cover me in scars?

Also whats the best way to reduce scarring, does the Alum block increase scarring or help to minimise it? I thought i read somewhere that using these can make the scar worse when it does heal.

Or are the cuts from cut throats so small and so sharp they do not really scar.

I know about all the treatments / oils that you can get to reduce scars, but I really dont want a face ful to begin with.

Thanks
John

I think staight razors disappeared off the shelves for a good reason.Why ride a horse to work when you can drive?:wink::wink:

I had serveral cuts from my straights, and some that did look big when open&bleeding. Not a single scar 'till today.
I usually clean the cuts with clean, cold water and put some Alum on it. I heard Alum on wider cuts could lead to scars. Another tip from another Forum is a hydrogen peroxide solution of 3%.

A straight should be sharp enought to make a perfectly clean cut which leavs no scars (if you don't press it).

greetings Joe

J

Jarmo P

I remember some reading that wet shaving does introduce skin cancer more than electric ones. So one should be carefull with moles etc. I am lucky since I have only one mole and able to shave it downwards just fine.

You should not get cut normally safety razor or straight and an alcohol aftershave toner should serve as an indication if a bad technique. A tiny thinging I get from applying it any days though.

If worried too much you could shave with an electric mostly and leaving wet shaving for those occasions you need BBS. YMMV.

I remember some reading that wet shaving does introduce skin cancer more than electric ones. So one should be carefull with moles etc. .

Not quite, so far there is no correlation between cutting a mole and having cancer develop. This is more of an old wives tale than anything. At most you risk infection from the cut if it is not addressed properly. Now this does not mean that the mole you just sliced isn't cancerous by nature. That is best left to be determined by a qualified Dermatologist and lab test.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Chicks dig scars. :tongue_sm

I find I cut myself less with a straight than a DE. Just go easy, and your technique will eventually become almost bulletproof.

really small cuts or wheepers most likely won't leave a scar however anything larger that you need a styptic to stop you may want to put some neosporin or bacitracin on it until it heals to help prevent a scar,

Top Bottom