What's new

Saphir shoe polish experience

Just tried out some new Saphir products I ordered recently, and really happy with the result. I used Renovateur to condition (plus horsehair brushing), then their neutral cream polish (3x coats+horsehair brushing) then some of their neutral wax polish on the toe box (cotton rag). Really easy to work with, and I am happy with how these 2ish year old Clark's that I never polished before (!) came out. The finish seems softer and much richer/moist after the polishing.

proxy.php

I also purchased some of their "Greasy Leather Cream" that is specifically for Chromexcel leather, I used that to condition my new Wolverine 1000 mile boots - they are in pretty new condition, but this stuff seemed to make the finish nice and lightly polished and a bit cleaner. Didn't remove a couple of scratches in the toe - but then I didn't really expect it to.

Overall - I am impressed with these products, I am coming from years of using the standard Kiwi wax polish and never used conditioner much.

No affiliation, YMMV, my $.02 etc. etc. etc.

I love the Saphir polishes,although the U.S. has many great brands as well.For neutral cream I use nothing but the best ,Venetian Cream....

I'd recommend doing a polishing "system/technique" over the entire shoe. in a military parlance.... if you're going to spit shine the toes, spit shine the whole shoe. the creases will never shine as brightly as the toes, but with enough iterations of doing something differently in different areas, it will show the difference. pretty quickly too.

I'd recommend doing a polishing "system/technique" over the entire shoe. in a military parlance.... if you're going to spit shine the toes, spit shine the whole shoe. the creases will never shine as brightly as the toes, but with enough iterations of doing something differently in different areas, it will show the difference. pretty quickly too.

Thats a great thought...I puzzled why so many shoe shine techniques I looked at and read only show the spit shining for the toebox...

love saphir renovateur. use it on all my leather shoes including calf and chromexel 1000 miles and viberg service boots. its been my go to cleaner conditioner for years. sometimes i'll use it alone for a cleaning and a shine other times use some colored polish on top. i've also used venetian shoe cream but imo quality not as good and has petroleum distillates. aside from the ingredients i just prefer the smell feel and shine i get from reno.

Top Bottom