What's new

Sandalwood Aftershave?

Hey there, I'm using TOBS Sandalwood cream and love the scent so was thing of getting some of their Sandalwood aftershave.
Does anyone use it? Would a Sandalwood cream and aftershave combo be overkill or overpowering?
Otherwise I would like to hear your Sandalwood cream/soap and aftershave combos.

Cheers

i do like tobs sandalwood aftershave gel feels great and the scent is not over powering at all. tobs sandalwood is very diffrent then others its more cologne like. it will not smell the same as other sandalwood with that said aos sandalwood is extremely nice to.

Disclaimer: I have not used it. BUT... I suppose if you like the scent, can you have too much of a good thing? I think not [emoji4]

I'm not even sure if you can buy it now b/c its a seasonal thing, but I really like Trader Joe's Sandalwood aftershave balm.

I HIGHLY recommend Captain's Choice Sandalwood. My favorite Sandalwood scent. Great performance too. If you like the Art of Shaving Sandalwood scent, go for the Fine accoutrements new Sandalwood splash. I don't think either would be too overpowering.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The TOBS is my favorite, especially when using TOBS soaps and creams. I also like the Captain's Choice, just not as much as the TOBS.

Adam

I tried a sample of the Captain's Sandalwood aftershave, and I really liked it. I have Stirling's Sandalwood now, and I really like that, too.

Looks like its between TOBS and Captains Choice. The problem is finding it in NZ. TOBS is easy but Captains isn't. The problem with living on a little island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is that shipping costs can sometimes be the same or more than what the product costs.

One of my favourite splashes is D.R. Harris Sandalwood - great scent and performance, IMO. I find it complements many sandalwood lathering agents, including TOBS, AoS, etcetera. The relatively new Proraso Red (sandalwood) splash looks interesting, though I've yet to try it.

Truefitt & Hill has a very nice sandalwood.

It is a little similar to the TOBS, both seem to be a mix (sandalwood and cologne) to me.

I have Reef Points Sandalwood and PAA's Sandalwood. Both IMO are on point. The only difference is Reef Points has Menthol and it takes a little while for the Menthol to dissipate and it's pure unapologetic sandalwood. The PAA doesn't have Menthol and it's really nice with good staying power. Haven't tried TOBS's Sandalwood, but own their Victorian Lime and Eaton College and really enjoy both. The TOBS from description sounds more like Fougere Santal with other fragrances combined. Haven't tried it yet, but looking to. They do make a really nice AS.

Has anyone used the Honeybee Gardens sandalwood AS? Have heard some good reviews on their AS's over the past few years but haven't gotten one to try for myself.

Top Bottom