What's new

Sally's personna blue amazon equivalent?

So the Sally's personna blues work best for me and I'd like to buy them in bulk so I don't have to pay 3 after tax for 5 blades and drive 20 miles for them.

I see Amazon has some blue "lab" blades and the packaging says 25% sharper. Are these the same blades I've been buying at Sally's? I want to make sure they're the exact same blades before I buy 100 of them.

The Sally's blades don't even say personna on them. They're just blank blades with a couple of arrows on them?? But they work great on my neck.

Those lab blues are not the barber blades though huh?

The barber blades are fantastic for me. Everything else I've tried, not so much. I'd hate to buy 100 of the lab blues and they don't work as well as the Sally's blues that I bought....

Anyone know how they compare?

The link to Amazon does not say they are "Lab" blue. They are Personna blue. It does say they are the same as the barber blades that use to come in a 250 pack.
I have the Personna blues and they are as sharp as Feathers.

Here's Personna's description of the Lab Blues in the 100 blade box:

Sharp comfort-coated stainless steel blades for use in standard safety razors. Can be cut in half for use in the Magic Razor. Unique dispenser feature for single blade removal without opening box.

And here's their description of the 5-pack that you're probably buying at Sally's:

Sharp comfort-coated stainless steel blades for use in standard safety razors. Can be cut in half for use in the Magic Razor. Convenient dispenser with disposal chamber. Peggable blister card.

Source: http://www.personnablades.com/ProductCatalog.aspx?type=Double+Edge+Blades

Here we go again! The Barber blades from Sally's are not the Personna Lab Blues. The Personna Blues are the Labs. The "Labs" do NOT say Lab on them. The Barber blades are not the "Blues".

Personna Barber

proxy.php

Personna "Lab" Blue

proxy.php

Personna Med Prep

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've tried both the Personna Lab Blues and the Barbers, to me they both feel great. I think if you like the barbers you'll like the labs, and if you don't like them you could probably sell them forward.

Top Bottom