What's new

Salamander w/patina arrived........

Salamander arrived this AM. Had some very light rusting on spine, tang, shoulder & top part of blade, used some 1500 grit W/D sand paper and took off all rust fairly easy. Fixing to try to hone this Wedge "first time wedge honing" and shave with it tonight. I don't think I will take this any farther on cleaning cause I kinda like this patina look on this particular razor. It appears to be all original

Good luck with the honing job. I just did my first wedge and it took a while compared to the full hollows.

Salamander arrived this AM. Had some very light rusting on spine, tang, shoulder & top part of blade, used some 1500 grit W/D sand paper and took off all rust fairly easy. Fixing to try to hone this Wedge "first time wedge honing" and shave with it tonight. I don't think I will take this any farther on cleaning cause I kinda like this patina look on this particular razor. It appears to be all original
Nice looking razor. My vote: keep the patina.

Looks like you've got an even bevel on there. Are you planning on trying to ~reproduce the existing bevel angle (e.g., testing with 0 tape, 1x tape, and 2x tape) or do you have some other plan?

Top Bottom