What's new

Safety Razor PIF - Merkur 180 and a boar brush!

Great way to pay it forward man, much respect to you.

I'm not in btw, I just took the plunge this week and got myself all kitted out so I'm good to go, but +1 for anything that helps more peeps get off the cartridge $£$£$£$ wasting wagon and into the land of shaving bliss and quite frankly exquisitely beautiful equipment gets my vote.
I hope one day to be able to do the same for someone else

:thumbup:

I'm a newb and I'm in. For the desired info of where I heard about wet shaving....actually did a little research online (watched a couple YouTube videos) and learned that these techniques can reduce burns and trauma on sensitive skin. Figured this would be an opportunity to take something that I hate and have to do almost everyday and turn it into a hobby that I enjoy. Had no idea how much knowledge it requires.

On another note....where were you in Iraq in 09? I redeployed back from there in DEC 08 (out of Diyalah Province) so would have missed you.

Ted

Where did you deploy? I was in Iraq in 2009. I wonder if I would have been able to find any wet shaving stuff out there had I known about it? That's interesting. Thank you for your service! If you look in one of the stickies there are links to get the veteran/active duty tags next to your name

Sorry, just read carefully the PIF, and I do not comply. I'm out.

Where did you deploy? I was in Iraq in 2009. I wonder if I would have been able to find any wet shaving stuff out there had I known about it? That's interesting. Thank you for your service! If you look in one of the stickies there are links to get the veteran/active duty tags next to your name

Blackhawk, I have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. It was during my first deployment to Iraq that I found the disposable safety razors in 04-05 on FOB Taji in the bazaar believe it or not. I think I stumbled on to them by accident and a good friend who was a barber in civilian life showed me how to use them. At the time we weren't able to get any Mach 3s at the PX. By the time the shipments made it up to us they were all gone. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the tag and thank you for your service! There are a whole lot of veterans that are standing behind you guys!

Almost out of time, anyone else who wants in can still post. I will decide tomorrow who gets it. I'll probably end this tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, 12 AM EST will be the end of this PIF. I'll pick the winner after that tonight and ship everything on Mon or Tues, as long as the winner gets back to me.

PIF is over. Post number 22 was the winner, chosen by random.org. You will be PMed. Thanks for participating everyone. I think its great to see new people come in just like I did. Stick around this website and learn as much as you can. Learning a new skill like this can be hard when you don't have someone giving you 1 on 1 instruction, but the next best thing is the members on Badger and Blade. I've had so many members go to many great lengths to help me, as well as many others.

Keep your eye on the BST (Buy/Sell/Trade) forum. So many items go up on there for crazy cheap prices. You may not find what you want immediately, but if you're patient, you can find the things you want for much cheaper than ebay or the other online stores. We're lucky to have such a great resource.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom