What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Don't know why this guy gets so much for his razors. Here is the link to a red and black set, went for 168.50. Nice yes, but I picked one up for 28 and change that is just as nice. Must be the pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gol...YN%2BUvCPT0%2FFq2vsO4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$$_57.jpg

This is the one I bought.

My first Red Tip, date code B3. Found it in a bottom corner case at an antique store,that was marked 35% off. So out the door at $12.40. I know it won't win any beauty shows, but the mechanism works fine and the doors close tight. I've been wanting one ever sense I got my Blk Handle.

$red tip 001.jpg$red tip 003.jpg

That is better looking than my Red Tip. You should enjoy that razor, it is fast becoming one of my favorite razors. They are smooth and efficient, aggressive without being harsh.

My first Red Tip, date code B3. Found it in a bottom corner case at an antique store,that was marked 35% off. So out the door at $12.40. I know it won't win any beauty shows, but the mechanism works fine and the doors close tight. I've been wanting one ever sense I got my Blk Handle.

View attachment 558313View attachment 558314
Nothing wrong with that. You'd be amazed what a little bit of Mother's, Maas, etc., will do for that.

Today at an Orange County Flea Market -- Part I (due to photo restraints)

I bought this pair from a vendor for $40. A pity that he didn't have the proper razors!$Richwood 003.jpg$Richwood 004.jpg$Richwood 005.jpg
And this "set" again wrong razor for another $$Richwood 008.jpg$Richwood 010.jpg15

This is the last photo from the previous post:$Bost. Case.jpg

Then I found these from another seller for another $15....
$Brush 1.jpg

WHICH GOES TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO HUNT !!!!

Got this today for $10.

This is my first one of this kind. I have a NEW, but i haven't shaved with the old type yet. What year is this one?

I will clean them up tomorrow. I have found that CRC Industries #05103 Qd Electronic Contact Cleaner does a great job.
I use it to clean the razors, then sanitize them.

I also find that if I breath the fumes, I have great conversations with King ---

Top Bottom