What's new

Rythmic Razor

Thanks for the reply. It seems like I would have to acquire the razor itself to be able to start the technical drawings. I'm pretty sure that some head parts could be pressed brass although blades were thicker and stiffer back in the day.... Will keep my eye on the Bay!

I was lucky enough to find one a few weeks ago, after a long grail-search ! Now then, one thing still intrigues me. In the case, underneath the razor, is a small patch, like a sponge. What was it for ? The patent doesn't mention it. It is too low to be a soft rest for the handle. I was thinking maybe a blade wiper. What do you think ?

Nice score @Cha-wing!! and with blade banks as well...

I think that it was put there to soak up any excess oil - maybe/maybe not - its in about the right place to do so.

Now, stop wondering about it and go and shave with it - it's such an awesome shaver.

Ah, very interesting idea ! The mechanism is complex and indeed might have been oiled. Excellent !

Mine doesn't have trhe blade banks unfortunately, I just reused Brent's picture. But I do have the case, and it's awesome.

Yup, Never saw a bakelite case this sturdy -awesome!!

....Ahem, I got one too :001_rolle

04F77EF1-54D0-4D38-AD02-759EDE3176E8.jpeg

I was lucky enough to find one a few weeks ago, after a long grail-search ! Now then, one thing still intrigues me. In the case, underneath the razor, is a small patch, like a sponge. What was it for ? The patent doesn't mention it. It is too low to be a soft rest for the handle. I was thinking maybe a blade wiper. What do you think ?

Congrats! Another member of the Rythmic club. I've been intrigued by the felt patch as well. My case came without one, nor do I have the blade banks. An oil absorber may be the best guess yet.

Has anyone ever come across instructions for this razor?

Top Bottom