What's new

Ruger Wrangler

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Current Mark1 Eyes failed the challenge anyway.

I have found ... the "computer glasses" give me a very sharp sight picture.

It's just that pesky target is now blurry ... center-of-mass will do, I reckon.

I read somewhere once, the shotgun was very popular in the wild west days with, um, middle-aged users; having lost the visual acuity with the Peacemaker.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There ia MOA, HOA, DOA, YOA...

:001_unsur Minute-of-angle; Home Owners Association; Dead on Arrival; Yippies of America ...

Well. Likely not buying a Wrangler, but going to clean, inspect and put a dot of orange nailpolish on the front sight blade of that H&R.

"Best way to double your money is to fold it in half, and put it back in your pocket ..."

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
:001_unsur Minute-of-angle; Home Owners Association; Dead on Arrival; Yippies of America ...

Well. Likely not buying a Wrangler, but going to clean, inspect and put a dot of orange nailpolish on the front sight blade of that H&R.

"Best way to double your money is to fold it in half, and put it back in your pocket ..."

AA
60 MOA = 1 HOA; 24 HOA = 1 DOA; 365 DOA = 1 YOA if the YOA cannot be divided by 4 unless it can be divided by 100 but not if it can be divided by 400.

F32670FD-20F6-495B-BEDB-00EB49756D60.jpeg

KOA...a type of Hawaiian wood. Great for scales.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. That thin front sight blade is doing much better with a dot of white nail polish - a very fine bead, so to speak.

AA

So the trigger is not as good as a single six or a bearcat. But it costs a third of a single six or a bearcat.

I find Ruger is quite honest about what they have done here. You might not want to leave a beautiful and expensive bearcat in your tacklebox. This gun fits a need.

Also if you're twenty years old and $600 is $400 more than you have, get this Wrangler.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So the trigger is not as good as a single six or a bearcat. But it costs a third of a single six or a bearcat.

I find Ruger is quite honest about what they have done here. You might not want to leave a beautiful and expensive bearcat in your tacklebox. This gun fits a need.

Also if you're twenty years old and $600 is $400 more than you have, get this Wrangler.

True. Guns get wet, and better a cheap one with an aluminum frame than a K-22, etc.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
True. Guns get wet, and better a cheap one with an aluminum frame than a K-22, etc. AA

Actually, that is how I got my K-22. A co-worker brought me a K-22 that her husband had taken fishing that subsequently developed rust on the cylinder as it lay wet on its side. I sent it off to S&W for a re-blueing job. It came back looking like new. She later sold it to me for the same $125.00 that it cost for the factory blueing job. It remains a fine shooter to this day!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Actually, that is how I got my K-22. A co-worker brought me a K-22 that her husband had taken fishing that subsequently developed rust on the cylinder as it lay wet on its side. I sent it off to S&W for a re-blueing job. It came back looking like new. She later sold it to me for the same $125.00 that it cost for the factory blueing job. It remains a fine shooter to this day!

Wow, I WISH I had a K-22! Was using that as an example … a fine example.

AA

Top Bottom