What's new

Rooney brush

F

firebox

Anyone have experience with a Rooney Style 3 Medium w/ super?

Appreciate any opinions.

I have a Rooney Finest medium, I'm not sure what the style number is. I find it to be my best brush. Just the right amount of scratchness without any floppyness at all.

The SMF III was a Rooney in the same size but with a larger handle and the grade of hair was on notch above the super but less than finest.
The hair is super soft, luxurious and densely packed. The fan shape make it a bit more flexible. I would highly recommend a Rooney super

Great brush, quite firm bristles with soft tips. Handle sizes differ quite a bit with each having a particular combination of feel and loft -- Style 2 being the tallest and 1 the shortest-and-stubbiest. I have a 1/1 Super and love it -- great all-rounder at a great price. And it is NOT floppy.

s

Firebox

Just my two pence worth - Rooney Style 3 medium in Super - worlds best brush especially if you are a cream man, style two in super for soaps. Rooney can do no wrong for me. Stillmade completely by hand unlike many of the other supposedly 'handmade' brushes.

I have a Rooney #1 large in silvertip - while bigger than my other brushes, I really like my Rooney - as others have noted, the #1 has the shortest loft, so is the least floppy.

Mine is very densely packed and the bristles are very soft - I can use this brush with creams and soaps, and it works great for lathering on the face.

I like a stiffer brush and picked the #1 over the other styles because of the shorter loft.

I will add that if you don't want floppy then go with a Style 1. I have a small in super and love it. Soft tips...no flop...great little brush...:thumbup1: I love your Mac-a-Rooney Jim!

I will add that if you don't want floppy then go with a Style 1. I have a small in super and love it. Soft tips...no flop...great little brush...:thumbup1: I love your Mac-a-Rooney Jim!

+1 on the Rooney S1 small/ very densely packed, and just a great little brush for the money. If you want to splurge on a Rooney S1 medium in Finest..you will get one of the firmest brushes out there.

Top Bottom