What's new

Rocnel Sailor 2024

an all Ti version of that one would probably be in the $1400-1500 range...

For that kind of money, it will need to be a lot more than simply switching from SS to Ti.
Perhaps a new and unique design.
He does keep his cards very close so let's see what he announces.

For that kind of money, it will need to be a lot more than simply switching from SS to Ti.
Perhaps a new and unique design.
He does keep his cards very close so let's see what he announces.
Pretty sure the design will be what its been the last couple years but I know the source was told it will come with a stand in this drop...

A lot can happen between now and December...credit card debt in the US is presently around $1.3 trillion,
UK and Japan are in recession...massive layoffs in effect everywhere. Will be interesting to see
if the market's definition of value shifts in the coming months. $1500 for a razor is close to
the oligarch lifestyle.

Screenshot_20240227-232416.png

Not cheap, but not prohibitively expensive

Could be that this is the MC version of the Hybrid razor...with some material and price upgrades.

The rumoured all-Ti release for December 2024 would probably interest the Ti purists more.
But it would cost more too I guess

Could be that this is the MC version of the Hybrid razor...with some material and price upgrades.

The rumoured all-Ti release for December 2024 would probably interest the Ti purists more.
But it would cost more too I guess
The one above is the same as what was originally listed as Dec 24 release and it's now been changed to May 24 release...

Yeah I'm off buying new hardware for this reason. Until there's a way to try a razor before buying, I'm not really interested anymore. I bought a used Blackbird Ti because it's pretty much universally applauded, but that was my last purchase for a while and possibly will be indefinitely (although I do want to get a hold of a Lite plate for it; I'm holding out for a used one here too). Also there's nothing out there that's exciting or compelling anymore, so 🤷‍♂️.

As for software, I just have so much that I don't see the need to buy more of that either. I'm running out of space, and I'm not convinced I'll actually benefit from it compared to what I already have in stock. When a hobby just becomes buying stuff, it's not a hobby anymore, and that's where I am here.
After I bought my Blackbird Ti, I thought that was the last one for me as well. I then was convinced to try the Lambda Razors and a whole new experience and appreciation for shaving was uncovered to me. I now use the Lambda Ares and Athena and the Rex Konsul on a regular basis. I now have to decide what to do with the Blackbird Ti. As for the Rocnel Sailor 2024, I am certain it will be excellent, but I will find it interesting to see reviews if the Rocnel delivers any better a shave than the Lambda or the Rex Razors.

Top Bottom