What's new

Rockwell 6S - Threading Issue

I received my 6S today.

Has anyone with a Rockwell had an issue with the handle screwing into the cap?

I’ve never had this issue with any other razor yet I have to spend 1 to 2 minutes to find the magic angle that will allow the handle to thread properly.

I had same threading issue with 6C. Rockwell was kind enough to send me replacement top cap and handle ! And these hade the same issue ...
Now I have two sets of top cap and handles. I can use them but not together. I have to try different combinations of handles and top caps to make frankenrazors.

Yes, I had a threading issue on a 6S which was partially resolved with a replacement top cap. I have to be very careful with it to avoid cross threading.

I am currently having the exact issue. Had to send it back to my supplier. He had 3 more in stock, all with the same issue. Being in South Africa it is not as simple as just sending it back to Rockwell. My local supplier sent them a mail about this two weeks ago, but have as yet to hear back from them.
Sad
Please let me know how your situation plays out. I will do the same.

I would check blade gap on lower plates too while you're at it.

Won't impact all blades, but Indian Gillette Wilkinsons have a left/right bias on this Razer.

So did you ever get the issue resolved? I know if you purchase razor direct from Rockwell website you get a lifetime guarantee. They usually respond to email inquiries within 24 hours.

I got my 6S from them during their recent black Friday sale and it was perfect. As was my 6C (now replaced by the 6S)

So did you ever get the issue resolved? I know if you purchase razor direct from Rockwell website you get a lifetime guarantee. They usually respond to email inquiries within 24 hours.

I got my 6S from them during their recent black Friday sale and it was perfect. As was my 6C (now replaced by the 6S)
👂

They sent me a free top cap after sending them some pics of mine. As it turns out, it wasn’t necessary though. I guess my threads naturally broke in. I no longer need the new top cap.

Reverse thread the handle until it clicks in place, the slowly thread it on properly. IF that works, then thread it on a few times while applying some pressure pushing together and again a few times applying some pressure pulling apart. BE CAREFUL not to do that at the very beginning of the threading. This works for me when its just rough threading, it will not fix bad or buggered threading. After that, a TINY dab of vaseline or white teflon grease and smooth sailing.

Replacement may be needed depending on whats happening.

They sent me a free top cap after sending them some pics of mine. As it turns out, it wasn’t necessary though. I guess my threads naturally broke in. I no longer need the new top cap.

Great customer service.

I did have slight difficulty when I first screwed the handle onto my new 6C. Seemed like a slight burr which easily came off after first use. I recall not worrying about it since I had recalled before getting it that a youtube reviewer had the same issue on first try and I remember a comment stating that was not uncommon and will wear off after one or two tries. Of course that was the chrome version. But it was a one time thing for my 6C and the steal 6S was just fine

Top Bottom