What's new

Rockwell 6S Review

For some reason I'm not getting a great shave with my lightly used 6S. Tried R3-R6. New feather blade. New Nacet blade. Changed up angle and pressure. No luck. Only used it 5-6 times but always the same poor shave, leaving stubble after 3 passes. I'm thinking of leaving it alone for a bit then trying it again. Maybe get rid of it if it still doesn't work for me. I'd like to get someone to try it but don't know anyone who DE shaves!

I doubt its the individual razor. I like the 6s and will be keeping it, but it isn't producing a true BBS shave (on R5). After a 3 pass and touch-up, I can still feel a teensy amount of stubble. If I then run my Variant over the area on even a very low setting (1.5), I can hear and feel it slicing through that stubble and then it's 100 % BBS. I'm still working on angles and such with the 6s, as I've only had it a short time, so it might well be me, not the razor.

still waiting for my 6c to turn up its been at DHL Melrose Park, IL, US for 5 days,
now it getting better holidays than me .

People who still have stubble on r5 after 3+ passes. Are you favoring the cap or the safety bar? Are you using ultra light pressure?

I’m using r5 and getting awesome results in 1.5 passes.
I find the light blade exposure allows me to use more pressure than normal, and the design favors riding the safety bar.

This is in my top 2 razors out of 70 safety razors over 13 years.

People who still have stubble on r5 after 3+ passes. Are you favoring the cap or the safety bar? Are you using ultra light pressure?

I’m using r5 and getting awesome results in 1.5 passes.
I find the light blade exposure allows me to use more pressure than normal, and the design favors riding the safety bar.

This is in my top 2 razors out of 70 safety razors over 13 years.
what's the other one?

I've been using the 6s for 5 days, gradually learning to favor the safety bar and use more pressure. I definitely haven't mastered it yet. So far, I'm getting quick, smooth DFS but really having to work for the BBS. I think in time my technique will match the razor better. I'm most accustomed to the Variant, which is much more aggressive than the 6s and involves different technique.

Have you tried a Kai blade in your 6S yet? I find them very sharp, yet smooth with the R4 plate. Gonna bump it up to 5 and see how it goes.

[QUOTE = "Batchief909, message: 10207304, membre: 123784"]
Avez-vous déjà essayé une lame Kai dans votre 6S? Je les trouve très nettes, mais lisses avec la plaque R4. Je vais monter jusqu'à 5 et voir comment ça se passe.
[/CITATION]
oui en plaque 5 ; efficace et doux en même temps

Top Bottom