What's new

Rockwell 6c R6 plate vs. Wolfman W2 1.15 or 1.25 SB?

Hi Guys, I'm ordering a Wolfman W2 SB and was wondering if the 1.15 or the 1.25 is equivalent to the Rockwell 6c R6(.079)plate? I use the R6 plate for all blades except a Feather which I use the R3 plate. I know I have about year to decide. Thanks for any help!

6C plate 6 has a 0.80 gap so there's a significant difference with the 1.25 on the Wolfman but I'm sure there's some Wolfman users that will have more detailed info on this

Here's my post (mostly about the Karve) but with some Rockwell info.

For me, the 1.05 was more efficient than the R5 and R6. Personally, I never enjoyed the R6 so I may not be the best to guide you. However, with the Wolfman WR2, it is so smooth that you get a wonderfully if deceptively efficient shave. Good luck!

The R6 plate on the 6c is mild compared to the wr2 1.25 and the wr2 is a lot smoother than the Rockwell.. From an owner of both an don’t like using plate 6, but do enjoy to use it as a mild razor with plate 4 and a feather

The wr2 1.15 is supposed to be smoother than the 1.25 and would Still be more efficient than the 6c r6

I used R4 when I had one (R3 with a Nacet once which worked well). I did not find R5 comfortable. I went with 1.05 and have been amazed at the combo of comfort and efficiency. 1.05 seems a little more aggressive than R4 and I need to pay more attention, but still very smooth and the end result...:thumbup:

Top Bottom